Chapter 27

(Kate's POV)

For a while I went to see him everyday. But now I just can't bring myself to see him like that.
I have faith in him. I believe he will wake up.

Eventually.

But for now I guess I just have to stay strong.
He's been in the coma for about a month and a half now. I really hope he wakes up soon.
I want to be able to feel his lips on mine. I want to feel the comfort and warmth of his hugs. I want to love him so much and never let him go.
I love him and I always will. He has to wake up. Wake up for me, for his family, and his friends, just wake up for everyone he loves and cares about.

I haven't seen him in a while. So, I'm going to see him today.

I'm nervous.

I grabbed my things and drove to the hospital.

I got there and walked into his room. As expected he was still sleeping. Well, in a coma. I sat down next to him, placed my hand on his, and started talking to my sleeping beauty.

"Hey, Nathan. I haven't seen you in awhile. It's just hard seeing you like this." I took a deep breath holding back my tears. "Ellie's twins are doing great. They started walking a few weeks ago. First Adam, the next day Anna. Their not our kids but I'm so proud of them."

Beepbeepbeep

The monitor started beeping really fast at the mention of the kids. His heart rate sped up. He really loves the kids. But I actually think it was more of me saying that their not our kids.
He wants kids as much as I do. He loves playing with and being around the little humans.
I kissed his forehead and his heart beat got faster, it was running a never ending race.
The nurse ran into the room, worried about his heart rate.
Then his eyes flew open and he tried to breath but couldn't because there was a tube down his throat.
The nurse carefully removed the tube and I started crying. It wasn't from sadness as you can probably guess. I was so happy I started crying my eyes out.
I ran over to him and hugged him as tight as possible.

"Oh my gosh. I can't believe it!" I shrieked with joy. "I love you! I love you! I love you!"

"I love you too, but I'm still injured and your squeezing really tight." He said with a rough voice from underuse.

"Oh, sorry." I said backing away so I don't hurt him. "I'm just so happy!" I said jumping up and down like a four year old.

"You so cute." He said smiling my way.

"Why thank you." I said posing.

We both laughed at that.

Yay! Nathan's awake! I hope you guys are enjoying the story and the direction it's headed in. Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote and comment.
~Sarah Elizabeth~😉