Love Pill II

Tim agrees to take the dreaded Pink Panther Pill.

-

Dallas does not entirely regret the night he took the Pink Panther pill. In fact, it felt good having his body take over rather than his head. However, he found it unfair how he was the one who had to succumb to the pill's effects. He wanted Tim to take the pill as well.

He decided he would pay for the pill and ask for Tim to take it. He hoped the dark-haired greaser would be open to it. Keeping his purchase a secret, he met up with a couple of Tim's friends outside of The Dingo. They greeted him with open arms.

"Wassup, Dal?" one of them said, fist bumping him.

"Nothin' much. Say... Tim mentioned this pill the other day. He let some broad he was seeing take it and both said they enjoyed the experience. Do y'all know where I can get that?" Dallas asked them.

"Oh! That Panther pill! My girl and I took it together and... my, my. We were like two animals in heat that night," one of the other men said, "I got it from... uh... that pharmacy a couple blocks from that DX place."

"I see. How much was it?" the blond continued to interrogate them.

"Like five bucks," the first man said, "As long as you give the guy extra, he'll give you one."

"Sounds good to me," Dallas shrugged, "I'll see y'all later."

"Say," the second man called out to him, "Why not ask Tim?"

"Uh," the blond started, thinking up a quick lie, "Didn't see him today. Might as well get the scoop from you guys."

-

He visited the DX, specifically looking for Steve or Sodapop. He came across the blond at the register, who seemed to be daydreaming about something.

"Yo!" Dallas said, snapping in front of Sodapop's face. The younger man gasped and shook his head.

"S-Sorry," Sodapop apologized, "I was thinking... about something."

"Right," Dallas sighed, "Do you think you can spare me some cash, Curtis? Say like... two bucks?"

"'Course, Dal," Sodapop grinned, shoving a hand into his pants pocket. He pulled out two hard-earned dollars from his pocket and gave them to Dallas.

"What do you need them for?" Sodapop asked him.

"Dinner," the blond fibbed, "I'm craving a burger right now."

"Me too," Sodapop said, "Steve plans on getting me something later."

"Ah," Dallas said, "That's what friends are for. I'll catch you later, Soda."

-

Dallas finally reached the pharmacy, looking around cautiously. He noticed the infamous cashier staring at him.

"Lemme guess," he sighed, "You want the pill."

"How did you--"

"A lotta guys like you come in here askin' for it," the cashier said, "Hand the cash over."

Dallas placed the money on the counter, the cashier greedily taking it.

"Now, the regular one or the strong one?"

"What's the difference?"

"It's fucking obvious what the difference is," the cashier said, "One has a stronger effect than the other."