Chapter 18

"Hey hun, can we-"

"Yes, we can grab some coffee," Alex says as he takes the next exit with a knowing look in my direction. "You're gonna need it for the late night I've got planned."

"Ok, so a late night in Edmonton, the place we're obviously going, means that you- OH MY GOD YOU DIDN'T." I practically shout at him. He looks at me with wide eyes and a smile tugging at his lips.

"Did you figure it out?" He asks.

"Lemme double check something." I say while unbuckling my seatbelt and scrambling over the console to the backseat, trying to reach my phone.

"I could get used to this view." Alex says before slapping my ass, which in his defense is right in his face.

I finally manage to grasp my phone and flop back into my seat. I then go into Instagram and search for Disturbed's account. I scroll down and finally find the post about their tour dates. I see Edmonton on the list next to today's date and drop my phone onto my lap and look at Alex.

"You should see your face right now." He says with a warm smile and a look in his eyes that gives the already-excited butterflies in my stomach even more butterflies. I can't form words. I have a couple questions but my mouth can't turn the thought into speech. God of the Mind by Disturbed comes onto my phone and Alex chuckles and says "What a coincidence." I'm still staring at him, slowly piecing together how lucky I am to have this amazing, hot and awesome guy as my boyfriend. Alex puts the car in park in front of a gas station with a Tim Horton's attached to it and looks at me expectantly.

"Get out of the car." I say before opening my door and scrambling out. I run around the front and launch myself at him, giving him the tightest hug I can muster.

"That pop you heard was my back cracking." Alex says into the top of my head.

"Thank you! I love you so much! Thank you thank you thank you!" I say, hugging him even tighter.

"You're welcome, my love." He says, trying to contain my hair that the wind is blowing into his face. I then let him go so I can grab his face in both of my hands and kiss him long and hard. He tastes like the Fuzzy Peaches we just ate and I can't stop kissing him.

"You. Are. The. Best!" I mumble between kisses. He breathes a laugh and moves his hands to my ass. After a couple more seconds, I leave one last loud kiss on his soft, beautiful lips and then hug him again.

"You'll have plenty of time to thank me after the concert. Now let's go get your coffee, it's freezing out here." He says before moving us towards the entrance to the gas station, his arm around my waist.

"What time's the concert?" I ask excitedly. (Oh mylanta! I CAN'T BELIEVE HE DID THIS!)

"Opening act starts at eight. They're some band called angry wolves or something." He explains.

"Do you mean Bad Wolves? Like the three songs I sang very loudly like an hour ago?" I ask.

"Oh that was them? Wow, I guess it is gonna be a great concert." He comments. While we're waiting for our coffee, I hold his hand and lean into him.

"I can't believe you did this. When did you get the tickets?" I ask.

"Three days after I first met you." He states. I look at him weirdly and he smiles and adds "Worst comes to worst, I would've just given you and Jay the tickets and cashed in the favor the owner of Roger's Place owes me."

"You wanted to take me to a concert three days after meeting me?" I ask. Alex squeezes my hand and kisses the top of my head.

"Of course."