Jaylynn

I stared out the window in the living room, watching the rain fall. I smiled, and listened to the drumming of rain on the roof, as I pulled Luke's hoodie closer to myself. Melody sat beside me, "Hi. Still wearing Luke's hoodie?",

"Yep." I nodded.

"I haven't seen you without it since two days ago." She said, and leaned her back against the couch.

"You still miss him." I said nothing, and kept staring out the window. Melody leaned forwards, and stared at me,

"He's a jerk if he doesn't come back." She joked. I softly chuckled, and looked at my friend. "You're a good friend, Mel." I smiled,

"Thanks." She giggled.

"How are your bruises healing?" Melody changed the subject,

"They're better than yesterday."

"Let's see.". I pulled the sleeve of the hoodie up past my shoulders, exposing the large bruises on my arm and shoulder.

"That looks painful." She stared at it, I nodded my head, and pulled the sleeve back down. I looked back out the window, and rose from my seat.

"I'm going to go for a walk, I think." I waved to my best friend.

"By yourself?" She blinked, and followed after me.

"I need some alone time, just to think." I shut my eyes for a second,

"You're turning into Luke." She teased.

"Oh please," I rolled my eyes, "I was the same, when-" I froze in my spot, and tried not to think of my dead parents.

"Hey, it's okay." Melody touched my shoulder lightly, causing me to squeal in pain.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" She let go of me, and covered her mouth with her hand.

"Don't worry about it." I smiled, and pulled my backpack over my shoulder that wasn't bruised. "Be careful, Jay." She handed me both my handguns and I thanked her, before putting them in my belt.

"Bye." Melody waved, and I waved back, walking into the outside air.

I took a sniff of the air, it smelled like rain, and I giggled upon remembering my childhood memories. I always loved the fresh smell of rain. The rain was only a gentle shower, and I spun around, letting the water dampen my clothing and my hair. My eyes travelled towards the barbed wire fence, and I thought I saw that man. I held back a scream, and ran my hands through my hair. Fear ran through me, as I tried to stay calm.

"It's okay." I whispered to myself, and gazed up. No one was in sight. A sigh escaped me, as I walked towards the barbed wire fence, and took the fence gate out. This gate was locked with a special password. I'm surprised the man was even able to get in. I strolled down the empty streets around me, holding my gun right at my side. My mind was still fearful, and every noise made me jump and aim my gun. A mutant appeared, but I easily shot them down. As I continued walking, I thought I saw someone. I froze in my spot, and studied my area. There, in a field across from me, he was walking.

I knew that black hair anywhere. Luke. A sob escaped my lips without me controlling it, and Luke looked up to see me.

"Jaylynn?" He said, and started walking towards me. His walk turned into a jog, as he approached.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed at him, and took off in the opposite direction. I slowed my pace to a walk when I noticed he had stopped following me.