7 ~ A Gift for Sebby

Just a little filler <3

LIN POV. 

Sunday, May 28th, 2017.

I was probably the happiest man in the world. I have a beautiful, kind, caring, patient wife, an amazing son, the most well behaved little pup and we were expecting our first child together.

Pippa is almost 4 months right now and just finished her 1st trimester. We were going to go to the next appointment in a few days, but we would find out the gender in 1 months. She was barely nauseous anymore, but she had strong cravings and hormones. 

In 3 days it would be my wife's birthday. I wasn't sure before what I'd give her, but I finally decided. I ordered a custom made silver necklace with 2 silver pendant charms for Pippa. One of the charms would have S engraved in it, and the other would stay blank until we named our baby. Then we would take the charm to get it engraved with the first letter of our baby's name.

We just announced the pregnancy to everyone and my family and friends are super excited.

I'm so happy that the pregnancy was going amazing and nothing bad is happening.

We also decided to get Sebby a pet fish since he was doing very well in school. Obviously we would be taking care of the fish, so Sebby wouldn't accidentally kill it.

"Sebby, what kind of fishy do you want?" Pippa asks.

"A sharky!!" He squeals.

"No sharks, Sebby. I can see what fishes are available at the pet store though." She laughs.

After half an hour of searching, we decided to get Sebby a betta fish. Theyre small, pretty and easy to take care of. We did a bunch of research and wrote down what we needed to get.

Sebby's Fish Shopping List
- 5 Gallon Fish Tank Kit
(Filter, Lid, Light, Tank)

- 2 Java Fern Plants
- 1 Anubias Nana Plant
- Natural Black Gravel
- 50 Watt Aquarium Heater
- SeaChem Prime Dechlorinator
- SeaChem Flourite

- Rock Cave Hide
- Ship Wreck Hide
- Thermometer

- Sebby's Fish
- Floating Frog Bit Plant
- Fluval Betta Bug Bites
- Cycle Quick Start

We could obviously go and get more things if we needed to, but this would be enough for now. Pippa, Sebby and I arrived at the local pet store and purchased all our supplies. The best part finally came-
Choosing the fish.

I took Sebby and we looked at all the betta fish options available.  There was a blue "veiltail", a red "half-moon", a black "orchid halfmoon" and a bright energetic yellow "Delta Tail". 

"This one! This one!" Sebby squealed, pointing at the yellow one.

"Alright, buddy!" I laughed, picking up the cup with the yellow fish. and handing it to Seb. Sebby held the cup carefully and slowly walked to the counter where the cashier was waiting.

"Is this it?" The friendly cashier asked, scanning the items and placing them in bags.

"Yep." I told her, grabbing my wallet.

"What's the fish's name?" She cooed at Sebby.

"I dunno yet." He shrugged.

We paid for all the items and went home. I set up the tank with Sebby helping me, and Pippa went to bed, exhausted from all the walking. 

The tank looked amazing and I dechlorinated the water, and added the quick start to help with cycling the tank. We floated the cup in the tank for the fish to adjust to the temperature. 

"So, Sebby. What do you want to name him?" I asked my son.

"Hmm...What about Flounder?"

"Good idea!" I agree.

This is our little family-
Pippa, Sebby, Bailey, Flounder, our baby and I.