Chapter 15 : The Plasma Cage

Malcolm pov

We walked along as quietly as possible with literally a 'pin-drop silence. To be honest, I am not a big fan of silence. I can only concentrate when I am surrounded by noisy people. Sadly, we were quiet because we didn't want to catch any attention as we walked on the streets of Tenant Creek. Imaginary insects crawled at my back, I had a bad feeling that her plan wasn't gonna work because firstly, he would be expecting us but if I pointed that out, I was probably gonna get generous comments like 'shut up idiot' or 'if you cannot think of something they don't criticize idiot'. Seriously Rose wasn't Rose. She was its stem, full of thorns. If everything went according to the plan then we were gonna make it alive. Suddenly my ears picked up the sound of something whistling through the air.....a bullet aimed at Lily. I tackled her down and screamed, "HIT THE DIRT !!" Everyone scrambled to take cover as the firing went into overdrive.

We both sat up and readied ourselves. Lily touched the metal door we were hiding behind and her whole body turned into metal. Now bullets would only hurt her as much as nerf darts would be but still if you ask me, nerf darts hurt a LOT. Her hands turned into a long sword and she rushed ahead and I tailed her but soon our ways parted and I started running from side to side like an urban ninja. I flew for a second and landed on the tilted roof of a house. A man with a big mask was aiming at Kevin. I charged and punched him hard on his jaws and he fainted. I shook aside his goggles and looked at his eyes, they were fractured grey, very unlike one's eyes should be. That could mean only one thing.........."They are under hypnosis !!" I screamed and I trapped the man in a cage of mud. We all leaped from foes to foes and shunned them down. I glanced at Sam and saw a gun float to him and saw him aim at one of theirs legs. Before someone could stop him he shot and screamed in pain .his hand was bent unnaturally and he was holding his shoulder, I looked around him and. He was safe for now, I made him float as he yelped in surprise once again, oh you should have seen his face !! All scared up. Anyways I dumped him on another gate and again started my patrol for enemies.

We all seemed to be doing fine until 9 big vampires landed in front of us. Each of them made some hand signs and before I could move, I was in a damn cage. The cage seemed to be singing a lullaby because I soon drifted to sleep.

I woke up to a frustrated yell and I sat up slowly. My head felt like it had been washed simultaneously with water and soap and then it was heated cause I felt super dry. I sneezed loudly and looked around. I saw a girl sitting across me, her eyes staring at the bars. "Who are you ?!?" I reached for my weapon but I didn't have any. The girl looked at me with a bored expression and replied "No need to get so worked up, you will probably get used to it."

"Who are you ?" I asked

"I am Diana, Diana speare." She replied again in her monotonous tone. "Why not sword ??" I joked but she glared at me and I looked away. I stood up, which was a terrible mistake, instantly my feet wobbled and I clung to the bar for support, the pain was so intense that I managed to stand up forgetting the wobbliness, and rubbed my hand. It was blistered, I looked at her for an explanation and she muttered just one-word "Plasma rods." I didn't know what that meant but I was not gonna let her get points that way so I nodded sagely and started concentrating to force my powers out. At first, nothing happened but then the sphere started to form as big as my hand and I grinned at her awestruck expression but it was only for a second before it disappeared leaving me exhausted. She again nodded which made me want to throw my swirling wind sphere at her, but I didn't have any.

"What ??" I asked.

"Nothing works here. I have been here for one whole week and still I am not able to do anything with my powers but I wasn't able to form anything." She explained.

"Wait ! You too have powers ??" I asked bewildered. She just shrugged "afraid so." I didn't press the matter because I didn't have time to hear her story. She looked at her watch and then stood up "Food."

I looked down "well I don't have any but," and that's when a big vampire without a tail came to give us food. It glared at me as I squinted at him and declared. "We have met somewhere before."

He made a sound that may have been a laugh. "You are so slow !"

I widened my eyes dramatically and shouted "Oh yea !! I kicked your butts in the island !!" Diana gawked at me while he just glared "Look kid.."

"A kid who kicked your ass. What is your name anyways ?? Kickass ??" I laughed. I looked at Diana "Do you know we weren't even ready !! Everyone was asleep while I was taking a lookout and there were three of them who were against us but still I burnt his tail !!" Her eyes widened and she finally understood what I was doing. And she too laughed loudly. The man trembled with anger and stooped low to give us food and I again taunted him "Give the food a little away because you are trembling just by coming so near to me." We both again laughed loudly. He stood up with great speed and retorted "You wanna pick a fight huh ??" He asked

"Surely I do unless you are afraid of me" I retorted and she again laughed.

He hissed in annoyance and opened the gates as we both backed up. The gates opened and he charged at us. I charged back at him and just when we were going to collide, I slipped low and escaped through his open legs while Diana walked towards the open gate. He crashed into the wall and screamed in rage. I formed a huge globe of water and threw it at him. It didn't hurt him. He laughed "Water doesn't hurt us !!" He roared.

I nodded earnestly "But you are so smelly" I retorted. He hissed in annoyance and again charged at me. We both dodged just in time as he hit another cell and broke it. Sam and Jane stumbled out of the cell as I heard a blast behind me. As I glanced behind, I saw a big wait, was that a humongosaur. How could Kevin conjure such powers while sitting there in the cage? Before I could ponder and form a theory of my own, a steaming figure rose from the wreck. "Kevin !! get the others out. NOW !!" I raised my hand as if it had an arrow or spear and a lightning bolt materialized in my hands. His eyes widened in shock as I threw it on him. Thank gods I was so close to him that I didn't cause a misfire. It hit him on his forehead and he crumbled to dust. I turned around and saw that Kevin had freed the others. Lily was healing Sam's arm while Rose was just standing and staring at the walls. Kevin was chatting with Jane as if everything was completely normal. Before I could say something Rose said "We need to hide. Quick !!". Another vampire landed in front of us, possibly attracted by that blood-curdling scream of the tailless kickass. The vampire launched itself at me. It was too late. Just when its fangs would have killed me, it was burnt to death. I looked around in wonder and saw Diana's hands raised as if shooting something. "RUN !!" Rose yelled and we sprinted off tailing Rose.