CHAPTER 21: Malcolm prime

MALCOLM POV

Just as the tingling sensation had turned into a horrible burning feeling someone suddenly kicked me and I fell to the floor and my left side erupted in pain. I needed some more time.

"I NEED SOME TIME" I scream.

They look at me and then nod.

Screaming so loud was probably not smart but I didn't really have an option. I sat crosslegged and started focusing. My mind started growing clear. Just as I felt ready. I stand up and open my eyes to face him.

I seem to be covered in a yellowish aura. I look at the others. They seemed unnerved by what they saw. I signaled them to get ready and glared at Spyridon. He cracked his knuckles and a grim smile formed on his face.

He started teleporting to different places at once. I covered myself in flames as he tried to hit me but disappeared just in a sliver of time. I saw him appear. I reinforced my body with lightning and ran towards him at full throttle, I forced my way behind him as his eyes widened. He could not teleport. I have him now. Just then he lashed out his vertebral column and blocked my punch. Teleporting again, he appeared behind me and lashed his whip-like bone at me. I shot a strong gale of wind at him and he was sent flying. I again launched myself at him but he blocked my hit and brought around his left leg to kick. I barely dodged it when I felt blood oozing out from my chest. I kicked and pushed him away. A quick glance at my wound showed a cut, though thankfully, it was a light hit. Getting hit by it would be the end of me. I glared at him, but the place where he stood before was suddenly empty. My eyes widened in shock as I felt his presence behind me. I willed the ground to mold, a block of earth rose in my defense and stopped a white knife a few centimeters away from me. The knife disappeared and looked in front of me where stood the man in a completely new form. His bones had come out of his body and what remained of his body was a dark shape made of concentrated power. His bones provided him a defense system. I zapped beside him and launched into a series of punches and kicks. He blocked and dodged at necessary times. A few hits did land on him but they showed no significant damage. I jump back and spurt water at him. It was launched at such force and shape that it cut through columns. He dodges and hit his lash at the air which created an air force. I had barely missed it when he teleported behind me and launches a side-kick. I am propelled backward by the force as I soften my fall by forming a barrier of wind around me. I transform the ground to bend and brandish spears, spiraling towards him. He jumps back and forth to dodge them. I use this chance to sneak near, the deformed ground had made it easy to sneak in.

I reinforce my arms. And with great concentration forms layers of elements and bolstering up my legs with the same, I launch myself with speed three times my past speed. I punch him hard as one of his bones cracks, and his blood-red eyes widened. I again concentrate and sinkholes form across the terrain. Usually, this would be impossible for me to conjure so many at once but with my current form, it was a piece of cake.

He stood up and shrugged his shoulders to shake off some dust and smiled. I readied myself for his counter-attack. He started teleporting. I blinked my eyes in confusion.

He was multiplying. They appeared to be like that one girl with wings, I frowned. 10 other Spyridons?! How am I supposed to confront them? Keeping up with my gears, I formed a globe-spiraling wind at an alarming speed and launched it at one of them. He blocked it with his vertebral whip-like bone while the other one sneered. He laughed. The ten of them teleported together, locked in combat once again. It seemed impossible to win now. The force with which they hit me was enough to bring damage to me even if they were close to me. They weren't even giving me time to think.

"Ha, ha, ha Malcolm! This is fun!! Keep it up. Die Painfully!!"

"Ugh" He wasn't even having a hard time. I looked back, they were still there. In the barrier, the redhead had created. I had to find an opening.

Suddenly, one of their kick made contact with me and I fell to the ground. He started laughing. "What do you think of me? I am not a member of the 4 upper echleon just because I can teleport. Lad, I can divide my living self into many!" It seemed as if the whole ground was shaking with his laughter, or it was just exhaustion playing tricks with me. My eyes widened. I didn't have much time left. I would soon run out of steam and then that would be the demise of us all. I focused and several huge rocks rose up in the sky and started burning. I moved away quickly. The speed of combustion increased and rocks melted into lava. Usually, this is a fast process but converting natural resources THEMSELVES and merging them into two is quite difficult.

Lava revolved around and I glared at him. "This ends here Spyridon!" He only sneered at me and did not even move an inch. I launched the lava upwards to create an opening to the outside.

he said, Covering his surprised look with a smile "Do you plan on running away?"

I just had to buy some time. and said, "Running away is not my style, I am here to finish you. But before that. I want to learn about my brother's location.

One only sneered while the other one said "Buying time is futile. You all will be exterminated right here."

I smiled. "I am not buying time." That's when the molten rock I had accumulated rose behind one of them and engulfed him. He started crumbling and turned into ashes.

They all jumped forward and tried striking me but I dodged them and again put a distance between them and breathed out the fire engulfing all of the areas. Punching the ground I punched the ground which willed 5 pillars to rise up breaking the roof.

It was nighttime by now. I looked at the large sinkholes I had stuck them in covering the ground, it would only give me seconds but it was more than enough. I willed the fire to condense in the atmosphere creating clouds. It was time. The redhead girl seemed drained. I willed the area to get covered in ice and then forcing the lava to ooze out of the sinkholes I had made, I created steam dense enough to close his senses for a while. I willed wind to surround the redhead's group and helped them rise up sending them away from here. I heard the sounds of something rising up very fast and I formed other huge globes of fire and sent them the get condensed into the atmosphere. I heard a swishing sound as the steam started to clear up, I readied myself and they emerged back simultaneously. I wonder how it worked, all of them working in such synchrony.

"Petty tricks!" He spat.

I grinned "And you fell for it heh..."

He laughed. I sensed a tint of anger in his voice and laughed to myself. If there was something I had succeeded in then it was to pester him.

"Well, it ends here and now. Don't resist, you are at your limit I can feel it.

I tried to laugh it out but it was painful. I looked at my hands and legs, the reinforcements I had created to help myself had disappeared. I covered myself in lighting. It was time for me to use my trump card.

I rose up in the sky and my voice turned into what would be the sound of a brontide, I thundered. "Yes, it ends here and now."

Sheesh, it's finally coming to an end! I can't believe I wrote as much as this! I hope you liked the chapter. Please vote and comment if you like the chapter!! Thank you!!!