CHAPTER 7 : A Little Sneaking

MALCOLM POV 

We all were sitting in silence. The night had been terrible and we had just experienced almost sudden death. Sam rose up and said "Well let's go to sleep buddies." He was just going to go when I said "Wait guys" they all sit again and I continue "Is it just me or you all also feel that the teachers are hiding something and why almost all the time we are besieged by Vampires and other death creatures ??" 

"That is a question which's answer I would  also like to know" Rose pointed out. 

I nod and continue "Something is up and we gotta find it out guys because these vampires are just getting out of hand, today thousands and there may be millions outside the next time. 

"Why don't we just mind our own business ?? Any problem with that ??" Jane said probably annoyed. 

"It is not about that Jane, this all is happening just after we came and I even heard about this from the advanced students and they too are wondering that how come the vampires are having so big brains that they are able to launch a proper attack." Kevin said.

I nodded "I say that we sneak about it right now" Everybody agreed and we sneaked out of our room and followed the map that was given to us on our first day. i scrutinized the paper and could see a doorway named the legendary doorway and asked my fellow friends "Well one question, what is the legendary doorway ??"

Lily rolled her eyes and said "That is just a old doorway with all the famous mutants that passed out from this college and died a noble death"

Kevin stopped abruptly "Then there may be some secret tunnel way in there"

"Yeah" I agreed 

Rose let out a fierce whisper "You both are impossible. Too fictitious."

I shrugged "Let's do it this way. Me and Kevin go there and you try to find the principal room and try to get some things out of him." 

Sam was not convinced, Jane was incredulous, Rose was looking at us as if we were pathetic and Lily was cross. Jane said "Okay you both go there and we find him." We nodded and our ways parted right there. 

JANE POV 

Oh !! Those two thought of themselves as some big heroes like really !! Lily had told me that it is not a good decision of parting but I was too angry to listen to her. 

We had been walking for two minutes when our first challenge arrived in the form of Professor Thebes. She was walking around the corridors possibly  checking that students didn't go anywhere in the night. 

It looked like we will have to abort our mission but suddenly Magic swirled around Lily and she had taken care of the cameras, now it was my turn. I made another manifestation of myself and decided to act that I was sleep walking. It turned out to be ridiculously easy and while Thebes was escorting me back to my room we all walked away hurriedly without making any noise.

We walked for hours and it was uncanny that till now no one had popped out of somewhere and caught us. Were we expected ?? No it couldn't be like that. We had reached our place of mission but there was no gateway too enter. Instead there was a speaking skeleton which spoke in a ghostly voice and said in a sing along voice which didn't match nicely with his tone. "Visitors oh ! ! Visitors oh please enter if you must but not without the riddle I speak. I swear if you do it you will be scared stiff and will not have a chance to knock at any door" I would like to tell you that I didn't get freaked out and managed to say the answer to the riddle but alas ! I have to tell the truth. I shrieked jumped and fainted for the second time. 

KEVIN POV 

We had swirled around from Mr. Leonidas and were now leading our way to the so called legendary doorway but something felt odd. How were we able to fool teachers so easily ?? I decided that I needed my full attention here and brushed aside those thoughts.