Chapter 8: The Untold Story And A Quest to take

SAM POV 

Wow just wow, we had thought of tackling the professor and instead, he was already ready for us. This was soo...... I can't find the word for it. "Okay" so he continued when we all were seated and had something to drink while listening. "It is said that when the continents broke from the Pangaea and humans came into existence, there was a palace in India where sages from all over the world came because back then India was a place where every religion was followed and almost every god worshiped." 

"These sages wanted nothing but peace. But then there were also some people who created havoc and caused destruction and killed people in masses just for fun. The meeting of the sages was held after a very big attack of the Fonias which were very dangerous. It was said that each one of them got killed by killing thousands. Many sages in today's Europe were killed by them before the meeting." He looked at us if we had any questions. We didn't so he continued.

"Only seven sages were left now because most were finished by these clans. It appeared that all these clans have together planned this all. and so these seven sages decided to go to the seven different continents and pray for the gods without eating anything or drinking anything so that the gods will hear their plea and help them. they all set to  their ways. After many years of praying when the gods were impressed from their determination, they gave them five protectors which had many great powers and each had it's own qualities." He took a sip of water and then again continued. 

"You see the sage which was strongest of all went to Antarctica" I shuddered, Rose gasped and Lily asked "Didn't that freeze him to death ??"

I rolled my eyes and replied "He just said that he was the strongest so he must have been having some sort of power right ??" I looked at the Prof questioningly and he nodded. "So back to the history." He coughed and started again.

"Every saint got five heroes to protect each continent but the thing is that the strongest saint got only one with no combat skills but the power to predict the future. Now this woman was named Cassandra and he predicted that out of those 30 heroes, 24 will be the backstabbers and will ditch the heroes when they will be needed the most." Man this was so weird I mean like almost more that 90% were bad !!

He continued "To prevent any sort of discrepancy in the mortal world, all the heroes were banished and sent to the eternal prison shrouded with darkness and hidden with illusions."

"After many centuries, many of these people withered out with nothing but their life forms left. At last only 8 people left, they absorbed the life source of the other sixteen and grew so powerful that they finally succeeded in breaking the bounds. Now they planned to make them strong before invading and taking their revenge. With their power, and by pleasing other destructive gods and taking their power, they created another dimension and a planet that was a complete copy of Earth."

"From then on they have been growing, reproducing and what not. And now they have finally taken very much control over our planet. Now in summary : they plan to destroy this planet and with that most probably the whole dimension."

I raise my head and said "I still don't get one thing. How are we related to it ??"

He blinked "Ohh yaa I forgot to tell you that Cassandra is immortal, and she predicted that you six will come who all will be descended from her and will have to stop those attacks."

I gaped at him "You forgot to tell us this ?? Just think what if we would have been foolish enough to go without asking this ??"

He chuckled and said "Well it proves that you all are not dimwits."

MALCOLM POV 

It seemed that I had underestimated these robots, they were made to kill which just made them very deadly. I dodged one and tried to break it's cover with a magma punch but all I succeeded in was giving it a scratch. It's shell was impenetrable, no matter whether I used Magma, lightning or fire, nothing happened, even the weapons we were given were useless against it. I dared a glance at Kevin, he was not having a good luck either. 

Suddenly I tripped and fell. The robot pounced upon me, I made water appear around me and slipped away merely missing it's strike. It landed on the large puddle of water and somehow it backed away. I realized it and shouted at Kevin "Throw water at them NOW !!!"

I roar and a big wave of water erupts and engulfs the robot. I whooped in joy, but I celebrated my victory a bit too early. The robot just stood there confused by the attack and again saw it's target that was me and again charged at me. I dodged it and once again threw the fire balls, it just sizzled against it's body. 

I again threw water at it and again and again. I guess it was too getting irritated with it. then at last I threw a big lightning bolt at it. I got unexpected results. It exploded. I was exhausted. But I got to help him and jogged towards Kevin. 

It turns out Kevin had turned into a Blastoise, I shrugged anime. But with one push he was on his back and was unable to move. He was rotating at a very high speed and wet him and me a lot. Then I aimed and threw my lightning bolt once again and it also exploded. 

POOF. Smoke parted away and Kevin was himself once again. He was lying on his back, I gave him my hand and he took it. We stood up and rushed forward to the thing we had come for. 

                                                                                        * * *

KEVIN POV 

I was all gashed up by the attacks. It was miraculous that we had prevailed even after so many attacks. I was not in a mood of another attack but alas ! everything does not go according to my will. 

I took another step while holding Malcolm because he was all exhausted after our fight with the dragons and could not even walk properly. I took another step and heard a 'CLICK' sound. My experience in this place told me told me that I had unleashed another attack. 

Suddenly fire erupted from aver hole that I had taken granted for before and threw fire all around, my instincts kicked in and I turned into big chill and threw ice all around to stop the fire from coming. In some cases I succeeded and in some cases the fire just stopped for minutes, but that was enough for me and I ran forward protecting myself and Malcolm for all the nice and selfless guy I am. 

After escaping the fire, I changed into myself again and my eyes closed. 

                                                                                              * * *

I dreamed of roaming underground, I looked around but it was total darkness. I could hear people screaming. I surged ahead following the sound of the woman screaming. I reached a metallic door through which I skimmed and saw a man, wait it was not a man because it screamed like a dragon  and had a spiked whip with him. He was slashing it against a woman. Cruel, it was just so cruel. 

The woman was around 25 and had glowing yellow eyes and was screaming in pain but her wounds healed themselves again by itself. I wanted to rush forward and protect but that guy, he was inhuman and gave a very ominous aura. I could not move or else I would have seen it's face also. The woman said something I couldn't make out and the man rasped out "So they will be coming" And he turned which made me scream. 

I woke up screaming in a dark room which was lighted by fire, he rushed forward and asked me "What happened ?" he asked alarmed. He repeated again and again. When I got used to the light I noticed that it was Malcolm. I answered him "Nothing" and shoved that face at the back of my mind. I asked him "Where are we ??"

He grinned and said "Yup I found the thing we were searching for." He showed me a book and we both started reading it.

Well, I am really not gonna tell you the whole story of the sages and blah blah again because it will just be tiring and please vote and comment if you like the book or have any suggestions !!