𝐓𝐖𝐎

(M/N) groaned due to his lack of sleep. It was clear to many that the man hadn't been getting much sleep lately due to his eyebags.

"G-good morning, sir." The women muttered, opening the door for him. "Mm" he hummed as he sluggishly, though professionally got ready for the day. "Ms. Oba, did the boss say what specific time the meeting with the witness would be?" (m/n) asked.

It was pretty early in the morning, and (m/n) remembered that the boss had said that the meeting would be held in the morning, although not giving a specific time. "Ah, yes. I was about to get to that. The meeting will be at 9 AM, at your favorite café." The lady informed, bowing down a bit to show her respect to her 'senpai'

"Why must it be at a café? Won't there be other people there who might hear our conversation?" (m/n) asked, bothered with that fact. "The boss knew you would say that. Not to worry, Mr. Kawakami has rented out that place for a few hours. Plus the boss knew that you would prefer a relaxing atmosphere." Ms. Oba giggled.

("Mr. Kawakami" is the eyewitness)

(M/N) blushed, it was embarrassing since his favorite café happened to be one of animals. He just loved petting through an animal's fur as he drank a refreshment of some kind and ate some pastries. It calmed his mind, and he tried to go there whenever he was free.

Though lately he hadn't been able to go, so in all honesty he was glad that the meeting place happened to be there.

He cleared his throat, as he thanked Ms. Oba. Until the time of the meeting he would have to continue his work.

Typing, noting, highlighting, reading, etc. etc. the list could go on and on.

---------

(M/N) let out a yawn as he checked his watch once again, 8:40 AM. He should probably head out now. He once again grabbed his coat, and phone as he headed out the doors of the office.

The weather had gotten worse, snow falling down heavily, it had been snowing for the past 2 days and (M/N) hated it with a passion. "The cold is always ruining my mood." He muttered, as a cloud of air escapes his mouth.

He was thankful the café wasn't as far from the office, that was one reason he loved it so much. He entered as a soft bell rang to alarm that someone had walked in. His eyes glazed around the room, as he had a small smile on his face.

A Shiba Inu ran toward him, tackling him to the ground. The dog had licked his face, as the man laughed. "It's good to see you too Ruu!" He scratched behind the ears' of the fluffy dog. He sat up, smiling gently.

"Your here quite early, aren't you Mr. detective?" A unrecognizable soft voice called out. (M/N) looked up as his (e/c) orbs met eyes with a pair of gorgeous gems. He presented himself quite nicely, making (m/n) think what his boss said was false. He looked highly professional and he talked with such elegance.

"Let me introduce myself before your boss comes. My name is Manzo Kawakami, I am the second child of the Kawakami family. I'm sure Mr. Akifumi has told you this?" The man did not stop smiling, as he asked the sudden question.

(M/N) gritted his teeth. The boss had NOT told him the name of the eyewitness, the only thing he did know was that he was part of the X company group. Though they weren't on first name basis, so at least the boss indirectly told him the man's last name.

"Yes, of course. Thank you for helping me with this case, and I'm sorry for being impolite." (M/N) apologized, standing up, as he bowed. Manzo chuckled, "You don't need to do that, it was my idea after all, and I know how much you love this place." The purple-haired male grinned.