𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

(Y/n) rushed into the hall after his little chat with Ms. Yoi. He immediately went over to Akifumi's office, wanting to discuss his idea. He knocked on the door and called out, "Good morning, may I come in?"

"Yeah," the other replied on the other side of the door. (Y/n) quietly creaked the door open, walking over to his superior. He settled his stuff on the man's table, facing him with a serious expression.

"Do you happen to know any diversion investigators that I may be able to talk with? It has something to do with my case."

Akifumi hummed as he quietly thought about the manner. "Yes, I have connections with a few. Would you like me to give them a call?"

"Yes, please." (Y/n) answered. "Alright, I'll come back to your office later in the afternoon. Would that be all?"

"Yes, thank you." (Y/n) replied, leaving the elder man to be left with his own devices. He quietly shut the door as he looked as his watch, he still wanted to get his coffee after all. It was now 7:09 and he could manage getting there on time, they might still be setting up but he can be patient.

He'd probably research more thing when he's there.

With that thought in mind, he grabbed his bag putting his journals, notes, and laptop inside. He then departed the office, waving Yoi a goodbye as she had noticed him leaving.

This cafe had a homey vibe that made him feel very comfortable and at ease, he was able to research and think more efficiently in that atmosphere because he didn't feel as much pressure or stress like he does at the office.

The walk took about 20 minutes from the office, so he could just enjoy the scenery around him until he got there.

Once he arrived he was greeted by the employees, since he was a regular here they knew him very well and started making his usual without the (h/c)-haired male needing to ask.

He thanked them, feeling quite appreciated. He then went over to the seat near the window to set up his laptop, so he could start researching. It was very quiet, since it was just him and the sound of the employees doing their job and chatting about. He felt quite peaceful.

He turned on his computer and hung his bag on the chair, taking out his journal and notes next to the laptop. He flipped it over to the most recent notes that he had taken a few days ago, he continued to draw connections, thinking about how it could relate to Tomo and his mother, and Lee Hi-No's case.

The waiter came to bring him his drink, (y/n) smiled and said a quiet thank you as he continued to do his work. He thought back to Lee Hi-No's case and how the man had died mysteriously. There wasn't much information about what exactly happened at the bar, but (y/n) was left to think that it could've been because of the drug. There was also his family's case, and though it hurts to remember what had happened, something was definitely off about the case and the situation itself. It was something that had to deal with that drug his father and Dr. Yama had made, it had to be. That was the only evidence he had and it made sense to connect the two things.

Especially with Tomo's help and information, that could be the exact case of what was going on with these mysterious attacks and murders, as well as well-behaved citizens going rogue. Drugs have the influence to make a person go mad, and it can be easily deposited into an unsuspecting victim's drink or food.

Out of all the explanations he could think of, this was a good start for him. The only thing he was concerned about was, who was using these drugs and for what reason? There must be some ulterior motives or something they could gain by using it, but what could a drug offer?