𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Hello, sorry that I have not been active on this account! I can't promise that I will post often or even finish this story, but I'm gonna try my best to finish this to the best of my ability. I am in my junior year of high school right now, which is the main reason I haven't been posting much, so apologies. This chapter is all over the place 😭

(Y/n) woke up with a start as he heard his alarm go off. "Shit.." he muttered, stretching his body that was now aching due to his sleeping posture. He checked the time which was 5:30 AM, he tended to wake up early as possible to get his work done and get coffee from the nearby café. 

He walked straight into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for the day. After all, he knew it would be a long day. He could sense that he was getting somewhere in his investigation or at least finding clues that could eventually lead to something greater. This sense of confidence brought about his determination to get through with the day, after all this was for his family and the future of this country. 

(Y/n) decided he would visit one of the diversion investigators to get some idea of what type of drug could cause someone to go rogue. Diversion investigators were known to study the diversion of pharmaceutical chemicals and drugs, which would be very helpful with his case. He was sure that Akifumi knew some people that were part of that department.

(Y/n) rushed to get his clothes on, putting on his usual business outfit - he always had to be professional and neat. - He decided to walk over to the café where he usually an vanilla latte, which had surprised many because he never really seemed to be a person who liked sweets. (Y/n) checked his watch, the time was now 6:15. The café usually opened at 7:30, so he would just have to wait till then and go to the office first. 

(Y/n) walked inside the office, heading to the front desk to check in. Ms. Yoi greeted him with a smile (Ms. Yoi was first introduced in Chap. 4) "Good morning, Detective (y/n)." She said as he headed over. "Good morning to you too." He replied back with a small smile etched on his face. 

"Y-you looked like you had good night sleep, you look much more refreshing than the last time I saw you." She quickly complimented, as she typed something on the computer. "I did, but I probably won't be having a good night sleep in a while."

"Why is that?" She asked, her attention drifting to (y/n). "My case. I have a feeling I'm getting closer to finding something and I want to find the answers as soon as possible, it's my job as a detective after all." 

Yoi chuckled, finding it cute that the other took his job too seriously. In all honesty, she's had a crush on the famous detective for quite awhile. She tried to keep it subtle and work on her confidence to speak with him more. Though she had always felt a distance between them, she didn't quite know how to explain it. 

"You're not making funny of me, are you?" (Y/n) jokingly questioned, his eyebrows lifting up. "No, not at all..." She replied, trying to keep herself from laughing more. 

Yoi then changed the topic of conversation, not wanting to take too much of the detective's time. "Well, I have some updates for you. Tomo and his mother requested to come up to the office to chat with you, apparently they have some important news. They said they'll come here around noon. Akifumi's also been looking for you." 

"Oh well, thank you for you time, Ms. Yoi. I'll make sure to keep that in mind, and it just so happens I've been meaning to talk to Akifumi as well." (Y/n) said, walking away from the desk.

"U-uh and (y/n)! We can drop the formalities, only if you prefer to.." She said as she jumped out of her seat, her voice getting quieter as she spoke. 

(Y/n) gave her smile, "That's no problem, Yoi. Have a good day." 

Yoi's smile brightened, as her heart thumped in excitement. How could anyone not like (y/n)?

"Are you willing to answer the question now?" 

The man crawling across the floor pitifully, could not feel a thing. He tried to move his fingers, trying to feel something. His eyes drifted towards his hand, as he screamed, feeling like he woke up from a dream only to find out it wasn't one in the first place. 

Kamaka (He's one of Ino's subordinates) watched the boy sob and scream on the floor, letting out a sneer. "Shut the fuck up or I'm gonna force your own fingers down your throat."

"m-my fingers. Where are they? What did you do?!" The man stuttered, bringing his hand close to his face. 

Kamaka brought the man's chopped off fingers near him. They lay on a plate as if they were to be fed by someone. "If you get hungry, you can eat those." Kamaka said, as he returned to his seat. 

"Man, I'll give it you. You're fucking annoying to deal with and a brain-washed loyalist that worships INC, like a slave to their master, and because you're willing to die for them, why don't I just kill you right now." 

"I have my answer anyways, those fucking mother-son pair are spies." Kamaka stated as he grabbed a cleaver knife from the table. 

"I'll let you decide your fate. You'll either admit it and I'll save you from a slow and painful death OR you can keep quiet like you have been doing for the past few hours and I'll leave you in here, with no limbs as you bleed out. You're smart, aren't you? I'm sure you'll pick the right choice." Kamaka said with a sickening smile. 

"He admitted it." Kamaka said, bowing down on one knee. He greatly admired the young master, he was still very young but he possessed great leadership and intelligence that bypassed his brothers. 

Ino was very silent upon hearing the statement. He was always very observant and he could tell that the pair had an ulterior motive. He knew very well INC had sent them to steal the drugs that he possessed. INC always had their eyes on the Kawakami family, they wanted to harbor and steal their possessions for their own reasons. They weren't that much better than the Kawakami family. 

He had a hunch, that Tomo and his mother (if she was even his real mother) were trying to find evidence by using (y/n) so they could take his family and business down. Though, Ino was always one step ahead. He had evidence of INC committing bunch of crimes: Identity theft, extortion, embezzlement, the list could go on and on. 

It didn't bother him that they were trying to expose the company . What bothered him was them getting close to (y/n). How dare they even use you? How dare they use you for their benefit? So, what if it was their job as spies? They had used (y/n) in their own ways, taking his time, delaying his progress of (y/n) being his.

Why did they even have to get in the way, they were ruining everything. Everything that he had planned. They were just stupid pests getting in the way, they weren't supposed to be in the picture. 

It was just (y/n). His goal was for (y/n) to belong to him, his sweet detective.