𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

This chapter will mainly focus on the reader's parents and Ino. I will also refer '(m/n)' as '(y/n)' now. I know this chapter may seem a bit boring, but it's beneficial for the plot. :(

The (L/N) family had settled in their new home, it was a very nice place to say the least. Hiro wanted to stay in a secluded area, but he also didn't want to be far away from the city.

He had made sure to leave all traces of his work behind, burning and throwing away every little thing, so they could not find his family.

He smiled softly, a bit more relieved. Their new house sat atop a hill that overlooked the many houses down below. There also was a forest nearby that seemed inviting.

Perhaps one day they could have a picnic there.

"Honey, it's cold out there." His wife called out to him, her head peeped out the door, making him chuckle a bit.

"I'll be right there." He assured, waving at her to go back inside. They still had much to unpack, but of course the family of 4 did not want to worry about that right now.

She replied with a slight nod as she slowly closed the door behind her to start cooking dinner. It may seem that she was at peace, but in all honesty she was worried for her husband.

Before the move, he would be out the entire day. She knew how busy his job was, but she felt like she was left out on what he was actually doing.

"Dear..? Where are you off to this late?" She groaned, her eyes heavy.

"I just got a call from the person I'm currently working with. He's a bit impatient, so I have to get going. Sleep well." Hiro said in a rush as he grabbed his bag and gave a gentle kiss to her forehead.

She hummed and didn't think much of it, drifting back to sleep.

Hiro never really told her who he was working with, he was never specific and preferred to keep it hidden from her and the kids.

She had wanted to talk about it with him, but with the stress he was undergoing, she chose to keep quiet.

She too, was stressed. With the sudden move and a long talk with Hiro, she had gotten quite emotional. It was a lot to take in without having any explanation once so ever from her husband. But, she couldn't just stand around and watch as Hiro broke down in front of her.

They had to undergo many documents in order to move out, talking to their real estate agent about the procedures. She even had to request a transfer to a different hospital building that was near the area Hiro planned to move. It all happened so quickly.

She was glad that (y/n) and Yumi had taken the move quite well, and didn't complain as much. She knew that they were upset as she was though.

She heavily sighed once again. "Oh, Hiro... What exactly is going on?"

A few days later...

Ino's POV

He did not know how to feel. Multiple emotions built up causing it to feel like he was suffocating.

First of all, (y/n) was gone. Disappeared, no trace of where he could of gone. At least that's what his father told him.

"Father.... where did (y/n) go?"

His father flinched, upon hearing the name. Anger fielded his vision, grabbing a wine bottle near him and throwing it to the nearest wall.

"He's gone, along with that boy's damned father." He sneered, repeatedly cursing Hiro's and Yama's name.

"Fa-"

"Leave me alone for now, Ino." He grumbled in distress.

At that time I had no clue about mother.

My poor mother was bedridden, suffering an unknown illness. Father had called in several doctors to check up on her, see what could possibly be wrong, but it only wound up with no results.

Father was desperate, searching for anybody and anything to help his dear wife. He loved her to death, and would spend loads of money to keep her well and alive.

Apparently his desperation was what caused his downfall. Ino could hear his father's crying and screaming, breaking things left and right.

"It's all their fault. I'll kill them! I'll kill them!" His father's shouts was muffled due to the thick walls that separated the hall and his room.

But, Ino could still understand what he was saying. Apparently, something had happened to make father go mad, and Ino knew it was connected to (y/n) in some way.

With that conclusion, he wanted to find the boy he grew attached to.

He waited until morning, after taking a small nap in his room. Upon waking up he set forth to find his father.

More of, spying on his father. Ino had seen him talking to some strange men a couple days before, but didn't really pay any mind to it.

The estate was quite huge, but Ino lived here long enough to roam about without getting lost.

He first had to check his father's room, Ino knew that was probably the best place to start looking around. He felt excitement arise in his body, playing detective was fun, but he had wish (y/n) was here to investigate with him.

But, the boy had vanished without saying a word. Had his promise been a lie?

No. It couldn't have been. Ino shook his head and slid into his father's room. There was no need to get distracted, Ino knew he'd find (y/n) one way or another.

Upon seeing that the bed was made and the silent atmosphere, Ino deemed it safe to search his father's private study which was a hidden room behind the shelves of books.

There was tiny lever on the third shelf, hidden behind all the books, so all Ino had to do was separate the books and hold down on the lever for a few seconds. Once he did, he quickly placed the books back in place.

He had seen his father doing it many time, although without his acknowledgement. There were many occasions where Ino would roam about the estate during late hours, he found it oddly thrilling.

The door had slowly slid open, snapping Ino out of his trance. He slowly entered the room, noticing how spacious it was. He quickly rushed over to the table, surprised to see the many papers that littered the desk.

The papers contained lots of complex drawings and scribbles. Ino picked up a few, folded them and put it in his pocket.

He then opened the many drawers of the desk, anticipating to find something. He did find something quite strange, it was a blueish-purplish powder, Ino felt like he was in a trance upon staring at it, but the sounds of low muttering caused him to quickly close the drawer and hide, forgetting to grab the mysterious powder.

Considering the many decorations and how spacious the room was, Ino thankfully found a place to hide.

He heart thumped rapidly in his chest, but he sort of liked the feeling. He loved the suspense.

He heard the door slide open, seeing his father's face and the same strange men from the other day.

"Welcome to my study."

Oh, this was great.