𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Not one of my best chapters.. and I'm sorry it takes me so long to publish my chapters, school just started and I've already been given a buck load of work. I'll still keep up with this story and.. I'm doing a yandere one-shot book!! For example: yandere prince x reader, yandere mafia x reader, yandere twin x reader. I'm probably gonna post some chapters today! Anyways, enjoy reading!!

(M/N) could not sleep that night, how could he when his mind plagued with the disturbing gifts "given" to him by the serial killer themselves? Maybe there was a hidden meaning? Was it a warning?

He did not know for sure, but he felt uncomfortable to sleep in his own room. Mainly due to the fact that the serial killer could be watching him right at this moment.

He kicked the sheets off of him as he stared up at the ceiling. He was mentally tired, but his brain wouldn't allow him to take a rest.

He would have to manage and organize his thoughts tomorrow morning.

"Sleep (M/N).. Just sleep. You'll deal with this and found out who the serial killer is like you usually do." He mumbled aloud as he tried to convince himself to rest.

It was still dark out and there were a few hours until the sun would rise. (M/N) would be even more busy with work this week, so he needed to relax until the sun was up.

He shut his eyes, focusing on the sound of the loud cicadas. He drifted off to sleep, his body relaxing as he entered dreamland.

 *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'     ♡   '・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

(M/N) sat at a booth near a window where he could enjoy the view of the city. He was currently waiting for the two he had just contacted not too long ago.

Initially, he had wanted to meet them at his office but Akifumi advised him not to.

So, he decided to send them his location. It was a small, yet delightful cafe that was thankfully near his office.

He patiently waited for them as he looked at out of the window. To his surprise he saw a familiar looking male exit out of his car.

His eyebrows furrowed when he saw another figure step out. They looked like twins, except the other looked smaller in height and he was more breathtaking in (M/N)'s eyes.

They had both entered the cafe to (m/n)'s surprise. Immediately the taller recognized the (h/c)-ette.

"Hah! What a coincidence. It's nice to meet you again Mr. detective." The male bowed, the shorter one hid behind the taller, though his eyes lingered on the said detective.

"Nice to meet you here as well. I might say it's a surprise to see you here, Manzo." (M/N) chuckled.

"How have things been holding up?" (M/N) asked. A troubled expression took place on Manzo's face.

"Pretty well. Nothing unusual has been happening lately, well at least not around me." Manzo sweat dropped.

(M/N) then made eye contact with identical purple orbs. "Ah, and who is this?" (M/N) asked as he smiled at the unfamiliar male.

"Oh.. this is my younger brother. I mentioned him last time.. his name is Ino. He's just a few months younger than me, though he's a bit shy." Manzo introduced.

"Hello." Ino said, coming forward to formally greet (m/n).

"Hello!" M/N) smiled to the smaller. The other blushed, as he nibbled on his lips.

"Can we join you?" Manzo abruptly asked, as he glanced at his younger brother who stared at (m/n) with heart in his eyes. "Uh... I actually have my clients joining me today. I will have to check if it's alright with them first."

"Have you been busy lately?" Ino intervened, genuine concern flashed his orbs, which confused the detective as he had just met the youngest son of the Kawakami family.

"Ah, yes I have been, and although it might be tiring I really enjoy my job." (M/N) beamed. Ino clenched his fists, his nails digging into his skin.

Chimes from the entrance alarmed the three, (m/n) waved the two over having noticed Mrs. Rina and Tomo.

Manzo anxiously stared at Ino, not wanting for him to start act up. Ino was dramatically emotional, it didn't take long for him to crack. Plus the older was terrified of his younger brother.

(^ This will be explained later on)

"Good morning!" Mrs. Rina greeted. "Good morning to you as well!" (M/N) replied as he moved out of the way so they could sit down.

"Mrs. Rina? This may be impolite for me to request, but is it alright if my friends can join me?" (M/N) asked.

"I don't-"

"I would prefer not. If that is alright? Sorry mother.. I didn't mean to talk over you." Tomo apologized, but he wanted to speak with the detective himself. He didn't want the strangers to listen to their conversation.

"That's alright." (M/n) said, he turned the two Kawakami brothers. "I'm sorry.. I'd love to speak with you two. Maybe another time?"

Ino glanced at Tomo with distaste, Tomo slightly flinched at the cold expression on the other's face.

He looked away to focus on the details of the table instead.

Ino suddenly grabbed (m/n)'s hands, his face melting into a warm smile. "I would love to speak with you later on detective. It's about my brother.. I am worried for him." Ino whispered his eyes holding concern.

Was being shy just an excuse? Or was he just overwhelmed due to worrying over his brother so much?

"Sure. Do you mind waiting?" (M/N) questioned, looking down at the other's puppy-like eyes.

Ino's heart was about to burst in his chest, receiving this much attention from the one he desired the most. Having (e/c)-orbs staring right into his eyes felt like fireworks exploding. He was unable to form a sentence or a word. He wanted to cherish this moment, it would be amazing just to stare into his eyes for hours and hours.

"Mhm! I don't mind waiting." He tilted his head and smiled, acting as if he hadn't had obsessive thoughts just seconds ago. He then hesitantly let go of (m/n)'s hands.

(M/n) gave a concerned look, but still kept a professional smile.