𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

A few years ago

"The case is closed, I'm sorry." The boss informed, pity in his eyes as he looked at the taller. The hurt and baffled expression on (m/n)'s face was prominent.

"You can't be serious." the (h/c)-haired male muttered, his head now hanged downwards as he clenched his fists.

Sure, the only reason why the case was closed was due to the murderer having committed suicide the next day. But, why?

(M/N) didn't understand, what was the reason ? Losing his beloved family out of no where.

There had to be something more to it, because why would a murderer kill his family and run off to kill himself?

His family was innocent as far as he knew, they were the most kind-hearted people (m/n) had known. So, why?

He hadn't noticed it but tears were streaming down his face as he began to sob, collapsing onto the ground. "We're sorry, (m/n).." the boss said as he patted the younger's shoulder.

All (m/n) could do was let out chocked sobs.

———

"I'm sorry for your lost. Be strong for them." Those were the same words that spilled out of people's mouth at the funeral.

(M/N) wouldn't leave, as he stared at the picture frame of his family photo. His heart ached, and his hatred for the murderer grew more, even if he was dead he would continue to curse that killer.

"I'll do anything in my power to find some evidence. Something!!" (M/N) screamed in the lone room of the funeral house.

He spent days, weeks, months. There was nothing, no tracks, no evidence. It drove him insane, why couldn't he find anything? How was it even possible?

He was so confused, and lost. He gave up, having to forget about the case and move forward with his life.

He took on many cases, but that was only the beginning of it. He would have a whole rollercoaster ride coming towards his direction and who knows maybe he'll find something quite important along the way.

How exciting.