𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Double Update because I feel bad that I haven't posted in so long !

The sun has began to set, the two holding conversations back and forth. (M/N) was not as dumb as Ino initially thought he was.

They had played a few board games + card games after (m/n) had practically begged the other once he spotted them placed on top of a bookshelf.

Surprisingly enough, (m/n) was very serious when it came to games and beat Ino majority of the time. This fact angered the boy, as he threw quite the fit.

(M/N) cheered the boy up gradually, doing stupid acts and expressions.

Once night had fallen, they both decided to go out to the beach, making sure to bring some bodyguards with them as they knew it wouldn't be safe alone.

Their figures lay in the sand, the waves lapping over their toes slightly causing the (h/c)-ette to let out a pattern of giggles.

The bodyguards stayed within eye distance, supervising both the young children.

The moonlight was very bright, reflecting over the ocean waves. It resembled a familiar golden orbs that held its gaze on the older.

A small smile was on his lips, though he was not aware of it. If someone were to call him out for it, he'd deny it and threaten them.

He didn't believe that he could hold such tenderness for someone, especially an individual he had just met. But, he still had the heart and mind of a child, who could blame him?

Ino had never had a friend before, that was probably why he felt such overwhelming feelings. It was out of his comfort zone, and (M/N) was an annoying, impolite, immature child. Those mix of personalities confused Ino , he was used to older people who took every little thing seriously and criticized everything he did.

"Whoa! Do you see that?" (M/N) pointed to a form of stars, Ino's attention adverted from his thoughts as he looked up.

He let out a hum in response, "My father is a real big nerd, and he taught me some constellations the other day! I believe that one is called the 'big dipper' my father says it's a real common constellation." (M/N) continued, sounding very excited to share some knowledge to his new friend.

"I also known some constellations myself. You see the one next to the dipper? That's the constellation 'Ara'" He paused, drawing it out for (M/N).

(M/N) grumbled in confusion, trying to trace out the stars like how Ino did. "I don't see it.." he whined, dropping his arms down to his side, giving up.

Ino scoffed, "well, never mind that. Has your dad ever told you that every constellation has their own story?"

"Nope! Is there a story to this one?" (M/N) questioned, turning over onto his stomach, using his hands to hold up his head as he stared at Ino, excited to hear new stories.

"Mm.. it's mainly about what the constellation represents. It's name in Latin means "the altar." In Greek mythology, it is believed that Zeus and other Greek gods swore a vow of allegiance." Ino informed, as he presents his knowledge through big vocabulary.

"A vow? Is that sort of like a promise?" (M/N) asked, leaning in towards Ino's face.

Ino cleared his throat, looking the other way. "Your a little too close.." he whispered, but it went unheard by the other.

"Is it?" (M/N) repeated. "U-Uh, yes. I guess you could say it's similar to a promise...." Ino replied, still not looking into warm (e/c)-eyes, that seemed to not leave his figure.

"Let's make a promise!" (M/N) cheered, startling the purple-haired by his sudden squeal. "About what?" Ino questioned.

(M/N)'s eyes gleamed, "Hmm, I don't know. You make the promise, and I'll make sure to never break it!"

Ino blushed, now feeling embarrassed. A weird thought had just popped in his head, he could not say that in front of (M/N).

"Well then. Do you, (M/N) (L/N), promise to be my friend?"

Laughter rung the quiet atmosphere, the boy finding the request funny. "We're already friends!" (M/N) clarified in between his giggles.

Ino grumbled, a tint of red making its way onto his cheek. "Well, I just want you to promise it!" Ino yelled, silencing (m/n)'s hysterics.

"Okay, okay."

(M/N) sat up, crossing his legs. He brought his right hand in front and stuck his pinky finger out. Ino followed his moves and intertwined the two fingers together.

"I, (M/N) (L/N), promise to be Kawakami Ino's best friend!" He yelled, as if he wanted the whole entire world to hear it.

A childish smile formed onto Ino's face, as he bursted out laughing. He held his stomach, as he squirmed around.

"Hey! What's wrong with you!" (M/N) mutter-yelled, a pout forming onto his lips, thinking that Ino was making fun of his outburst.

"I-It's nothing! I'm just really happy." His laughter came to a stop, as tears made its way in his eyes.

He didn't notice that he was crying, until he looked up to those warm eyes of (m/n)'s who stared at him in concern.

"Are you that happy, that your now crying?" He muttered. "I guess I'm just as sensitive as you." Ino replied back.

"Hey!" (M/N) yelled, faking that he was offended by Ino's words.

They both giggled, which then turned to loud obnoxious laughter in the midst of the still night. It almost seemed like a beautiful scene that would lead to a happy outcome.

But, of course. Promises are meant to be broken.