𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓮𝓷

"Miss Caroline," the tutor, Mrs

"Miss Caroline," the tutor, Mrs. Bingly, addressed the oldest sister. Presently, the tutor was going over the literature lesson for the day for the girls. "Recite." The eldest sighed as she stood from her seat. "How doth the little busy bee improve each shining hour, and gather honey all the day from every opening flower. How skillfully she builds her cell. How neat she spreads the wax and labors hard to store it well with the sweet food she makes." "That is enough. Thank you miss Caroline." Mrs. Bingly commended her and the eldest sat down. "Miss Cosette." Mrs. Bingly turned to the messy girl, who thankfully had taken a bath since her morning endeavors with the ocean, but her hair was still soaking wet and her clothes were ever so disheveled. "Analyze the poem for us, please." Cosette sighed with frustration as she stood from her seat. "It's about a bee." She simply stated before sitting back down in her seat. "Yes, but what more." Mrs. Bingly asked again and Cosette stood once more. "It's about a bee building her nest." She added before sitting back down. "Miss Cosette," "what?" The young woman asked, dragging out each letter of the word in a groan. "You're giving me the obvious answers. There's more to it, it's applicable. Apply it to your life." Cosette huffed as she stood once more. "I am not a bee, thus it is not applicable." She snapped before sitting back down. Mrs. Bingly turned to Courtney. "Miss Courtney," The prissy brunette looked up from her novel. "Yes ma'am?" She asked. "Please analyze the poem and apply it to your life." Courtney stood from her seat, placing a spare piece of paper in her book to mark her spot before gingerly closing it and setting it down on her desk. "The poem speaks about the bee in the female aspect, thus we are to assume she is the queen bee due to the natural position of the role of the bees. Bringing the roles of the queen bee into focus, we can pull from this script of literature, how a queen of any kind should establish her kingdom and build it up and continue to build it up as a ruler. A ruler's job is not to just look pristine on a throne with glistening jewels but also to work hard to keep her kingdom - or in the bee's case - her hive alive and thriving. She must always do what's best for her people, no matter how she may suffer. She is an instrument for the success of those she governs." And with that she sat down in her seat. "Very good Miss Courtney as usual." Mrs. bingly commended her, clasping her hands together in delight. "The bee is an analogy for each of you." She addressed the girls. "You are each an instrument for the success of your kingdom, your people. And you must server your purpose like the bee, completely and thoroughly."

"So all you know about her is her name?" Jesse asked his brother who had joined the conversation. Hardcase nodded. "Way to go vod. You know nothing else about her but her first name." Fives teased with a slight laugh. "She wasn't with me for very long... I got all the information I could." Hardcase replied honestly. "So you're saying she ran off after seeing you? That's unfortunate, vod." "No not like that." Hardcase replied. "She had somewhere else she had to be. It was just bad timing." "So what was her name then?" Kix asked, now hoping that the attention had fully shifted to Hardcase and his newly found girl rather then himself and his princess. "Cosette." Hardcase replied with a proud grin. "Do you think she's a princess?" Fives asked and Hardcase thought about it for a moment, but based on her obvious lack of elegance and taste of any refinement, he assumed the obvious answer. "No. She was covered in dirt 'n stuff. I don't think any princess would wanna be lookin' like that." "Well at least it was a girl." Jesse offered. "You finally got what you were wantin'." He added. Hardcase grinned. "Yeah." He replied. "Would you lot shut it. We're supposed to meet the general soon and you're too distracted by the locals to get your minds in tuned with reality." Rex scolded his men as he walked over to them, interrupting their conversation. "What's the matter captain?" Fives asked with a grin. "Jealous?" He teased and Rex rolled his eyes. "He can't be jealous." Tup said. "Because he got to swoon over a princess too! That blonde girl in the yellow dress! The fancy one." Tup said and almost instantly a red tint began to rise on Rex's cheeks. "Yeah! Wasn't her name Caroline?" Jesse asked, teasing his captain. "That's enough. We have orders and it's time for you all to shut up and follow them."

"I can't stand that woman." Cosette sneered as she walked with Calypso back to the room with the others to get ready for the evening. "Maybe if you paid attention you'd enjoy it more." Calypso signed to her sister who rolled her eyes. "Cal you're always on Courtney's side when it comes to class." She replied with a slight grin. "Well maybe that's because I'm jealous." Calypso signed in response. "How so?" Cosette asked as they entered into the shared room. Each of them had a gown specifically made for them, embroidered and beaded with pearls and fine jewels and each was laying on each of their beds, ready to be dawned onto each young woman. "Because Mrs. Bingly never asks me to participate in class." Cosette felt s tinge of guilt in her heart at her sister's words. Mrs. Bingly didn't do it to be rude, she just didn't understand how to interpret Calypso's communication with her hands so she just opted not to ask her any questions. "Cal I-" "no it's okay." Calypso assured her with a soft smile. "I'm used to it by now."