Twenty-seven: Aleksander Morozova

Twenty-seven: 

Perhaps it was for the best. If Luda was in Alina's body, Alina couldn't figure out that he lied. Alina's eyes were black now as Luda's spirit filled her. "Luda," he said, "what are you going to do with her?"

"Nothing," she said, "this twenty-something is clearly who you are attracted to now. Though, she is a bit young for you. But I completely understand. She has such a nice, pert little body. These breasts are amazing."

She was stroking them with a smile on her face. "Don't you want to feel them, Aleksander? I know you did earlier when little Alina here was riding your cock. I told you to do that. She hasn't been sleeping in your bed for weeks now. You must be absolutely craving her Aleksander."

"Luda..." he growled.

Luda reached out and stroked his face. "I've missed this. The feel of your scruff on me...I love you, Aleksander. We were robbed of our time. Now, we're getting our time back. Even more than that. Because I'm younger."

"This is wrong," he said.

"I could always leave her," she was stroking his chest now, "and then I could tell her the truth about how you lied to her. And then you would be out another guardian for little Genya. You would lose her to that terrible uncle of hers and you would never see darling, little Genya ever again."

"You're a bitch," he said, "you always were. I was engaged to someone else before you. And you couldn't handle that. So, you went to the witch again, and you said that you would do whatever it took to be mine, including killing yourself. You didn't count on the witch making you keep your word."

"You were always supposed to be mine, Aleks," she said, "when I saw you bring home that whore I had to do what I needed to. My family had taken care of yours for ages. I wasn't about to let Darkling Manor slip into the hands of some two-bit trophy wife that you had met in college. The witch taught me a lot, you know."

"Like how to be a bitch?"

"Like about Darklings," she said, "did you know that Darklings can host spirits? That as long as Darklings live, ghosts can survive?"

He frowned. "But the Darklings are dying. If the Darklings are the ones that are keeping the ghosts alive, why would they be dying?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. But you might want to find out because if the Darklings die, I die. And who knows want would happen to your precious Alina..."

"Luda," he said, "you can't hurt her. You need her body."

Luda smiled. "That's where you're wrong. I don't need Alina's body. I need a body. I mean, if I really wanted to, I could take over your body. Although I do like being a woman more. You're going to find out what's making the Darkling's die. Because you want to be with me, Aleksander."

"I want Alina," he said.

"Yet another good reason to find what's killing the Darklings. So you can keep the precious girl that you're lying and fucking alive."

"I hate you," he hissed.

"You don't hate me," said Luda, "you're just angry that you can't control the situation. You're not used to it. It's one of the reasons why you didn't like me. Because you couldn't control me. Isn't that right? It was fine, kissing me, and fucking me in the summer and then when it came to the rest of the year, you treated me like I was dirt. Unless I was sucking your cock or riding it."

"Luda, it wasn't like that. We were children when we fell in love. We grew apart."

"We didn't grow apart," said Luda, "you were embarrassed that you were screwing the help. You didn't plan on me getting pregnant either. Or your business partner falling in love with me. Harshaw was so sweet you know, of course you couldn't let him have me. You had to keep me from being happy with him, which is why conned me into marrying you. Because you're a child, Aleksander. You couldn't stand the idea of someone having me. And then when our child died, you used that as an excuse to hate me, to push me away. And when you didn't return to our marriage bed, I let the witch claim me."

"You're insane!" he shouted. "I didn't do anything of the sort. The witch claimed you because you wished for me and I was never yours to have, Luda. You took away my choice!"

"And what, because you are such a Saint, Aleksander? You've lied to this girl! You told her that she was your wife! She was a virgin, and you fucked her! You've been fucking her without a condom! How many times have you cum inside this girl, Aleksander? You're going to let her have your child when she doesn't even know the truth about you?"

"Fuck you," he said.

Luda smiled. "No. But I will make it impossible for you to fuck your darling Alina. You'll never know if it's her that you're fucking, or if it's me that you're fucking." Luda blinked, and then there was jet black smoke coming from Alina's mouth as she screamed. Alina was coughing, and blood was coming from her nose.

"Alina," he hugged her tightly to him, "Alina, are you alright?"

Alina took a breath. "I don't---I don't know----" she glanced around. "What happened? Was she here? I thought I saw her. Luda. She was in the room, and she was watching the two of us."

"There's nothing," said Aleksander, "there's nothing there. We're still upset because of the things that we saw before. There are no ghosts here."

"Aleks, I don't remember what happened." She buried her face into his shoulder, and Aleksander wrapped his arms around her tightly. "I think I'm going insane. If it isn't the ghosts, what if...what if it's the accident? What if I've got something wrong with me?"

"It's nothing," said Aleksander, "there's nothing wrong with you. You're absolutely fine. I love you." He kissed her forehead.

Alina cried into his shoulder. "I love you too. Aleks.....please don't go anywhere."

"I won't," he said, "I'll stay right here, right next to you. I will keep you safe. You're going to be fine, Alina. Let's go back to bed."

He pulled her back into his bed and wrapped his arms around her. She was in his bed, exactly as they should be. And Luda was in the corner, watching them in the distance. She blinked out of the room. But it didn't matter. Aleksander knew Alina. He always would know Alina. And he would do whatever it took to keep her safe.