▪️ Taraka ▪️

Vela turned sharp to the direction

Vela turned sharp to the direction .. His hand grabbed the spear , pointing to the rustling leaves...

    He sensed something slithered behind a huge trunk...

  Before he raised the spear to the trunk , Taraka transformed to his human form...

" Vela... It's me..!!"

Vela lowered his spear and grinned..

" Oh.. you!! I didn't see you since two days ..  anything serious.? "

It was their habit to meet daily at the dusk to exchange the informations..

Taraka sighed to Vela ' s query..

He  walked and sat comfortably on a boulder.. Vela accompanied him . His brows knotted in thought to notice Taraka ' s clouded face..

" Taraka.. is everything alright??" He repeated...

Taraka removed his angavastra that covered his torso.. The  wounds he got at ChandraGiri were still fresh..

Vela shocked and went close to Taraka.. His jaws clenched in anger..

" Who dared to hurt you  Taraka ?! God!! You are wounded very badly"

He collected few leaves and crushed them  to apply  all over his wounds..

Sooner , Taraka felt better.. He grinned wide , leaning against the boulder..

Relishing the star studded sky , he spoke...

" Vela... I am all set to  give my life to Aaranya.. why should I be worried when I have friends like you..?!"

  Vela punched him , clenching his teeth...

" Stop your blabbers ...you idiot.!!! I asked you what had happened?!"

Vela insisted to spill out the beans as he knew well that Taraka was sent to observe ChandraGiri.. And , that was not new to him..  Moreover , he was excelled in spying.. Even then , Vela felt something amiss to see Taraka' s wounds..

" Vela... I was prisoned by the soldiers  as we planned..  I was kept in the underground prison of ChandraGiri... Initially , I thought it's only Sundara Sen who's behind us.. I saw Jayantha , Sashtha and Nanda at ChandraGiri.. They were disguised themselves to be merchants.. so , Chitra Sen is trying to get help from the adjacent kingdoms to fight with us.. On the other hand , Sundara Sen and his friends plan to capture Aaranya by  web of deceit . I tried to know their plan but couldn't.. They insisted me to help them to barge in Aaranya..  I refused.. then , I got all these!!"

Taraka pointed the wounds...

Vela exhaled aloud... " Mitra.. I am so proud to be a friend of you.. your single gasp would  have killed them in a wink.. still , you had to  get all the whips ... "