▪️traitor ▪️

"Nethra

"Nethra...."

Vela whispered , dragging her to him...

She clenched her eyes blushing hard.  Breathing out louder , she leaned to his chest...

" Nethra..." He called her again as she didn't respond...

This time , she looked at him , playing with his Hara ( neck jewelry)...Her eyes were inquisitive about his call...

" We can't meet like this anymore... If shravan ever knew this I would kill myself for not being transparent with him..."

While he was repeating the same talk , she continued to play with his Hara.

" You're telling this to me whenever we meet..."

  She stated annoyed and sat beside him... Vela grasped her arms and made her to look into his eyes..

" Nethra...you are an outsider and it would take time to understand the culture of Aaranya.. for us ,this Aaranya and Shravan is important than our lives.. I want  us to be married... So that you can be one among us.. you are not understanding my point and always you wanted to postpone our marriage..sometimes ,I wonder that  you really love me.. "

   Nethra stood up in a haste . Though he wasn't serious , his words hurted her deep... A sudden feeling of insecurity haunted her which made her to cry out loud at the next moment...

     " Vela... I have never thought that you will go to this extent ... You didn't trust me and it hurts me a lot...I am hesitating to get married to you because I don't know who am I... I am in confusion about myself and you are the only person I could trust and lean on in my trials... I...I.."

She couldn't complete as her throat swelled up in emotion..  Wiping out  her tears , Vela immediately pulled her to him...

Tracing her back  , he consoled her...

" Nethra...it doesn't mean that I didn't trust you...I understand you and I am worried that how long I could protect  you like this... Moreover, if you are with me I will be in peace that you are safe in my place..."

Vela ' s thoughts went back to the day when he had seen her first time...

while  he was  returning to Sri Parvat  from the foot hills of Aaranya ,Vela  heard a shrill cry which made him to shiver...  Without any second thought, he ran towards the sound for help...

   She was there amidst the thorny bushes , wounded... Perhaps ,she would have been attacked by some wild animals... Vela went near her and found out that she wasn't from Aaranya... 

Who's she? why she's there ? From where she would have come? How did she reach until the foot hills of Aaranya..?

Lot of questions roamed in his head . Still , he had no time to think as she was bleeding and was barely conscious...