i. accidental affliction

— reflection

— it's hard to be a teenager with a crush on your classmate when you are as emotionally eloquent as a rock

— it's hard to be a teenager with a crush on your classmate when you are as emotionally eloquent as a rock. how do you tell izuku that your emotionally coldness towards him is simply because you were absolutely smitten.

pairing: midoriya izuku x g/n reader
w.c: 7.777
warnings: y/n swears a lot, emotional constipation
tags: (mutual) pining, not actually unrequited love, love confessions angst with happy ending

777warnings: y/n swears a lot, emotional constipationtags: (mutual) pining, not actually unrequited love, love confessions angst with happy ending

Being a teenager sucked.

You had come to that realization the day puberty hit you, when it came into your life all loud and boisterous, bringing the gifts of sudden physical changes, hair growth in all the weirdest places and zits that loved to spout over your skin.

Even years after when you had mostly adapted to all the cruel and sudden changes and your skin had luckily calmed down considerably, being a teenager still sucked.

Always being in this weird state between being a child and an adult, being too mature and not mature enough, not able to be trusted with anything and forced to take on more responsibility, having to grow up and still enjoying the times were you were still young.

It was stupid, all of it was stupid.

And it was exhausting. Finding yourself and at the same time everyone already expected from you to know who you are and what you want in life at age 17.

You could go on hours and hours to no end complaining about your age, which probably said enough about your generation anyway. "The youth is always complaining" as if the question to why was a fucking mystery.

But really, you learnt to deal with all of it to a certain degree. Insecurities, doubt, stress, being overwhelmed with everything, sudden changes in personality and opinion...Not pleasant things, but manageable.

All of them except of one.

Love.

Absolutely horrifying in every way.