i. gentle hands (p.1)

— reflection

— with a quirk like shigaraki's physical touch had never been something another person had trusted him with

— with a quirk like shigaraki's physical touch had never been something another person had trusted him with. the fear of what he could do proved to be too great to get close enough. everyone was scared to touch him...everyone but you.

pairing: shigaraki tomura x gn!reader
w.c: 3.223
warnings: mention of blood, description of injury
tags: touch-starved shigaraki, hurt/comfort, healing, canon-typical violence, fluff, angst and fluff

223warnings: mention of blood, description of injurytags: touch-starved shigaraki, hurt/comfort, healing, canon-typical violence, fluff, angst and fluff

Shigaraki's room was enveloped in darkness. The only source of light coming from where you had carefully cracked the door open after several unanswered knocks. It barely illuminated the small space inside, only revealing the silhouettes and rough placement of the furniture.

You'd never been inside of Shigaraki's room before. There had never been a reason.

As the league's personal medical support (or nurse, something Dabi liked to refer you to) you'd mostly only talked to any of them if there was an emergency that required your help. Then they'd meet you in the "living room" (you hesitated using homey words like that in connection to the hovel the members of the league had resided in the last few months).

Not that you didn't get along with them, but you couldn't really say you were particularly close with any of them. Criminals liked to keep their distance. Distance meant safety, it was the first rule in the handbook basically. Shigaraki was no different. He was the most mysterious of them you'd say, even more distanced with you it seemed. Saying there was no reason to grow attached to a NPC, like you were a dog that would be returned to their rightful owner soon anyway.

It didn't bother you much. You knew the man needed his personal space, he had his reasons to be suspicious of new people, to be hesitant to let anyone too close...they all had.

That's the price they paid in a life like that, or maybe they had already been like this before they ever became villains.

Entering Shigaraki's room now and without permission was probably the closest you've ever come to being disintegrated, you thought as you carefully peeked inside. The guilt from intruding already crawled up your stomach. You wouldn't normally do this, but you were worried after Kurogiri had told you about an "incident" this morning.