23

Bea

I was woken up to sunlight highlighting my girlfriend's dark skin. The sun hit her cheekbones, gracing by her ear, and narrowly missing her lips before being consumed by the covers.

"My love, how do you even outshine the sun?"

I pulled her hair away from her face as I gently traced the trail that the sun made. I didn't want to wake her up and ruin this peaceful view. I took my phone from the bedside table to look at the time, but found myself taking a picture of her.

"You came out beautiful love." I looked through my phone and found some pictures of us from five years ago.

"Who would've thought that you would blossom into the woman beside me?"

Kye groaned and turned away from the sun before quickly turning back around and pulling me close, placing her head on my chest.

"Are you waking up my love?"

"Nhn uhh" She groaned shaking her head rapidly.

"Will you open your beautiful eyes for me? I miss seeing them."

Kyelle shook her head slowly before bringing her hands to her eyes. She rubbed them, stretched, and then looked up at me.

"There you are. Good Morning my love, how did you sleep?"

Kyelle scooted up for a kiss and feeling her lips against mine revived me. Man, I'm such a simp.

"Good Morning, I slept well." Kyelle came alive, throwing the covers off and looking towards the door.

"Do you smell the food? Is that French Toast?" Kyelle jumped out of bed running towards the door, before realizing that I was still in bed.

She came back and gave me another kiss before grabbing my hand so we could go downstairs together, but mostly so she could eat.

We walked downstairs and saw the table set with everyone gathered around. Nadia and Lucia were eating while Anna and Jennifer were bringing the last two plates to the table. We said our Good Mornings, prayers, and dug into the food in front of us.

It's not my business, but Zipporah was barely touching her plate. Nadia took her fork from her empty plate and went to go sit in Zipporah's lap. Nadia ate one piece of pancake, then force fed Zipporah two pieces, then repeated the process with everything else on the plate. She tilted her head back to look up at Zipporah.

"Eat please."

Zipporah nodded her head in response picking up her fork for herself while Janelle was rubbing her back.

Everyone was done eating at this point, so all the attention landed on Zippy.

Lucia got out of her chair and went over to Zippy and moved the plate and fork out of her hand, passing it to Nadia to put in the kitchen. Nadia walked off, but turned around when she realized she was alone.

"I'm gonna need help."

Kye, Jennifer, and Janelle got up picking up the plates leaving me, Anna, Zippy, and Lucia at the table.

Lucia sat on the table across from Zippy and pulled her into a hug. Anna took Janelle's seat and rubbed her back.

I went over to Zippy and held her hand breaking the silence.

"When you feel like it, tell us what you need."

With that I went to the kitchen and Janelle handed me a glass of water before pushing me back.