17

Into the Woods, but we're black...into a cabin

Bea

Okay, so I have been going through this plan for some weeks now, it is summer break before college and we have all said our goodbyes and picked our colleges. Side note, Kye and I are going to the same college and I think we are going to be rooming together which I am excited about. But I still haven't asked her to be my girlfriend, now I wanted to make it romantic, but also be somewhere away from the city. I was researching with both of our Moms and we found the perfect spot. It was a cabin hidden in the woods around an hour away from the city. I had already booked the cabin for a day before we were supposed to be there and lucky for me I knew that Kyelle would be busy, so I went to my house and brought some games with me, then went to the store to buy our favorite snacks and got the ingredients Janellle and Jennifer told me for the meals for the week. I talked to Kyelle's Mom earlier today just to make sure that Kyelle was actually busy and prayed that she wouldn't ask for me while I was planning all of this out.

While at the cabin, I took a look outside and just enjoyed the view which I knew Kyelle was going to love. Everything was pretty and peaceful and I knew my baby needed both of those at this time. Honestly, I am so proud of her. She told her parents about some details of the sex incident that happened a couple of months ago and since then she has been going to therapy. She looks so much happier and although we haven't tried anything since then, she's no longer hesitant to touch me, although I have become a little more reserved to her touch. I talked to her about it and her therapist talked about some responses of trauma and told her that the touch thing is probably mine, which is likely to be true. But besides from that Kyelle has been a lot more gentle with me which I love and she has even asked me more about my feelings and how certain things have hurt me in the past.

She's not only trying to make herself better, but us better which I extremely appreciate. And to show my appreciation and how much I love her, I want to make things official. All of this planning has been nerve-wracking, but my favorite pair of twins have been helping me out every now and then. (Well honestly with everything. Like everything everything.) Jennifer is out doing something with Kyelle while Janelle is with me helping me decorate and planning out the food, because Janelle is a really good cook and hopeless romantic.

"Okay, so did you get the ingredients?" She looked me dead in the eyes and I shuddered for a minute by how cold and focused the stare was.

"Yes, yes, I got everything you told me from the list of food options." I passed her the grocery bags and she put everything in order in the fridge.

"Okay here is how to cook everything, start out the first night with something light and easy like the shrimp and rice, if you can't do it just call me and I'll throw on an apron and hat, chef it up, then leave because I don't want to see or hear anything." Janelle stared at me and I just shook my head stating that I understood.

*Sighs* "I'll be back tomorrow to cook."

"Thank you so much, I didn't want to ask or be a bother, but I don't know how to cook like this, you have chicken parmesan, salmon, you even have pizza on this list. What do I look like cooking a pizza? And from scratch?" I looked at Janelle like she had just lost it as she looked at the floor.

"Actually I kind of have a date for the day that the pizza is planned for, so I was hoping that you could follow the directions for that one. I mean, it's an easy and fun activity that even a genius could enjoy." She smiles bumping her elbow into my arm. but I am just thinking about everything that could go wrong.

I mean, I am happy to have such supportive friends and that the twins are really helping me out here, but fuck Janelle a simpler menu could have sufficed. But then again, Kyelle deserves anything but simple and I do appreciate Janelle adding some of Kyelle's favorite meals like the chicken parm and pizza to the dinner menus.

Janelle was about to leave out of the door when I saw two of the desserts that she had planned.

"Janelle, uh uh, get ya ass back here and tell me who the fuck is about to make tiramisu and creme brulle, if I knew you were about to make me fail at this then I would have left the ingredients at the store."

"Honestly, I feel you on those which is why Jennifer volunteered to make breakfast and the desserts whenever you wanted. "

_Record Scratch_

Okay kids, sit down and let Bea tell y'all something. Kyelle and I have been friends with Jennifer for years and didn't know she had a twin until 6th grade when Janelle transferred schools, because the sports programs were better, but anyways, these bitches can cook and have always known how to cook. I guess that is just the perk of having a world class chef as a dad, but I remember when Jennifer made her first cake for us, I don't know what form of crack she put in that cake, but she had to make two more, because Kyelle and I and both sets of our parents were fighting over the cake and don't get me started on the meals they would take for lunch at school. The first time our parents left me and Kyelle, Jennifer and Janelle's parents agreed to look after us and I am not kidding when I say that Kyelle and I gained fifteen pounds in two weeks and that was just from Janelle's cooking! So yes, I am happily using the twin's cooking skills to make Kyelle my baby, but they are getting paid as well, but they don't know that yet because their stubborn asses probably wouldn't take it. Like currently, while Janelle wasn't paying attention as we walked back to our cars I slipped a hundred dollar bill on the floor of the passenger's side.

I smiled so hard hearing that the food part of this trip was taken care of, but I also felt really bad that they would have to drive so much in a day, so I looked up the cabin closest to us and went ahead and paid for it. So I sent a text to the twins and even asked them if they wanted to invite a significant other to spend the time with.

The Twins J&J

Bea: Hey, I rented out the cabin closest to us so you won't have to drive so much. It's two bedrooms so have fun.

Jen: Cool, thanks and we'll be there bright and early for breakfast tomorrow.

Jan:Yeah, thanks a lot and I got the key to your cabin, so we'll be cheffin it up when you finally get Kyelle up there.

With that being done, I happily went to the closest bank to get money to hide around their cabin since they hate to take payment. It's really rough out here trying to pay the twins. Luckily, the manager was still on the land, so I got the keys for their cabin from them and could hide the money where they would see it. After doing so I went back to our cabin put the keys and a note on the kitchen countertops and left out to go back home.

A.N.

I'm sorry that I haven't been writing or publishing that much, but here you go and I am actually working on another book, so be on the look out. Thanks so much for reading!