What Happened?

"I think you should wait before you rush into something so serious." I advise her.

"You didn't." She pleads.

"That doesn't mean you shouldn't. Look I said no and that's the end of it." I end it then and there.

"Fine." Aubrey storms off; giving up.

The rest of the day is uneventful. I do my natural routine when I get home. Chores, snacks, homework, video games. After dinner and a shower I head off to bed for the night. I fall into sleep with the same dream again.

***

River's POV:

I wake dazed and still a little drowsy. The smell of cinnamon, nutmeg, and bacon fills the air, filling my nostrils with sweetness making me hungry. The succulent smell gives me the energy to sit up, but as soon as I do my head feels like it's being weighed down by a thousand pounds. My head flops back down on the memory-foam pillow.

"Luciel!" The loudness of my voice harms my head even more. "OW!" Luke hears my weep of pain and floats through the wall. "Hey Luke. Come here boy." He returns to solid form and jumps up on the couch to lay next to me. The red tailed fox nudges my hand asking me to pet him. He darling white eyes sooth me. He has always had those beautiful eyes. No one could resist his puppy eyes. "Good boy. Love you buddy." His eyes open and give me the look of "I love you too."

"River. What's wrong are you okay. Oh, I knew I should've gotten you an ice pack." She rambles in a worried manor. Luciel doesn't try to move Luke. She knows I love him more than the world. My little protector sits there resting his eyes as I rub his head. I got him when I was four. We have been together forever. Mom and dad gave him to me as a birthday present. Also because I had just finished sword training.

Luciel just came back from the kitchen handling breakfast and a bag of peas with Ibuprofen. Wow could she juggle things. "Here baby girl. Eat up." She lays the bag of peas on my head.

"What happened?" I closed my eyes as the cold peas ouch my forehead.

"Well. I told you that Jace was coming back, you fainted, and then started having extremely bad headaches and nightmares. You kept mumbling his name... I don't know, you're weird girl." She explains everything. Luke's ears perk up at the sound of Jace's name. Maybe listening to see if he can hear Anna's name. Anna is Jace's wolf.

"What did I say exactly?" I have had explicit dreams about Jace before, but I didn't need her knowing about that.

"'Jace it's ok, Jace everything will be okay.'" Her concerned face made me realise that she thinks I might gave a concussion.

"I'm fine Luciel." I give her a reassuring smile.

"Sure. I've heard that all before." We end the conversation at that.

"Do you wanna go hunting after all this blows over?" I try to persuade her.

"Baby you need rest. I the you should await his arriv-" I cut her off.

"I'm hurt I'm not dead. Don't treat me like I am. I can still do what I normally do. My way of getting by." I stuff a forkful of food into my face.

"Ok doll. I just want what's best for you." She rubs my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah. When is he supposed to return anyway?" I ask genuinely curious.

"Uh.. Tomorrow..." I spit out my drink causing Luke to jump off and run to the bathroom. He knows when he needs his bath and enjoys them almost as much as humans. .now look what you've done. Luke is all sticky and the couch and I just mopped this floor. Ugh your cover and clothes. Jeez River couldn't you aim for just the floor?"

"Nope. Could you wash Luke for me? He kinda is waiting." I ask politely.

"Ok but if he lays a paw on me I'm through." She is always saying that. My Luke is too good to harm someone that isn't a threat.

"Thanks." I yell down the hall. I take the picture I have of Jace out of my pocket. I miss him so much. I need more time. What'll I wear? Does he still like me? Maybe I should throw a surprise party for him? Ha she forgotten me? Oh god I hope he hasn't moved on. I hope to God that he hasn't forgotten me. I drift off to sleep with my wandering mind.

***

Okay so I know I haven't updated in a while🕛and this chapter is really short but I'll try and put another one up later on today, and I'll find a video to put with this chapter soon if you have song suggestions I'm happy to listen😋Oh and Thank you all for so many reads💜107 yayayay😸comments💭Votes(maybe?)👍Thanks and Love you all💜💚
This has been a message from Batman📲Signing off📴
(030)\
(030)/