Love or Like?

"Thanks." I yell down the hall. I take the picture I have of Jace out of my pocket. I miss him so much. I need more time. What'll I wear? Does he still like me? Maybe I should throw a surprise party for him? Ha she forgotten me? Oh god I hope he hasn't moved on. I hope to God that he hasn't forgotten me. I drift off to sleep with my wandering mind.

***

"Why does she have to be so stubborn?" I think to myself. Suddenly I have a change of appetite, so I get up and walk over to throw my half-eaten food in the trash can in front of the pillar by the door. I walk outside over to the table on the lunch patio that Aubrey is sitting at. "Look Aubrey it is not my intention to hurt you. I just believe that you shouldn't give yourself away like that. I love you and all, just... Wait until you're at least 17 and you know exactly what you want."

"Really?" Her eyes lighten up and a smile stretches across her face. Her birthday is in about 3 weeks so she is deciding on throwing a party. Aubrey is one of those girls that gets everything she wants when it comes to her parents that is.

"Really. I promise it." She hugs me abruptly even though she knows I hate hugs. I hug her back being that it is a kind gesture. I breathe in her hair; it's smells of lime. I hate lime. Aubrey and I are defiantly not equal on any level.

"Thank you. I love you." I didn't expect her to say that. I would say it back but I don't really love her; I don't want to lie to her. Besides her friends will say that I'm just not trying to ruin my "manly image."

"Mhm." I say instead.

"What too manly to say it back?" Exactly what I was saying.

"You know me too well." I laugh to avoid suspicion.

"I do." She kisses me. It last long, but was shortly interrupted by her friend Olivia.

"Ehem." Olivia fake coughs. We break the kiss. I look over at Olivia who is sitting across from us. "I'm kinda eating here."

"Sorry." I grab my backpack and walk away. As I'm walking away I hear Aubrey bickering to Olivia about breaking our kiss. If there's one thing I like about Aubrey, it's her dramatics.

~~~~

"How was school sweetie?" Marigan calls from the living room.

"Same old." I walk into the kitchen to make a sandwich. I look and look without finding any lunch meat in the fridge. Instead I grab the chips out of the cupboard. Mmm Doritos my favourite. My feet sprint to and up the stairs and into my room. I lay on my bed looking up at the ceiling that's filled with quotes from my favorite songs. My eyes drift off to sleep from exhaustion.

***

Sorry I haven't updated in a while😰don't kill me please😵I' ex been trying to write whole chapters before hand📖so I can put up multiple at a time, but between homework, life, and teenager stuff😓it's been hard. Soooo sorry🙀I'll try my hardest to get another update soon👍I promise👌oh and I'll put up a pic later for you guys🌇

This has been a message from Batman📲Signing off📴
(030)\
(030)/