Chapter 7: I'm Okay

Dipper's POV

I didn't agree with Pacifica going with me solving, but what was I suppose to do? She sure is persuasive, I'll give her that.

We both walked together at the gloomy hallway and flinched at every single sound that would surprise us; even the least. Rain started to pour and hit the window pain, the sound was just so calm. I love it.

"Look there it is!" Pacifica shouted and pointed to the unearthly ghost with a blue aura. "Let's get him!" She said and gave me the hand held silver mirror.

He glanced at us and growled. It charged to us while he ignites a red flame. I took a strong grasp at the mirror and glanced at Pacifica and nodded, she did the same.

"Let's do this!" I scream as I felt my voice crack at the end.

I charge at the Lumberjack and attempted to trap him in the mirror but he dodged it and took away my mirror. "Bad move boy." He grinned and threw me against the wall. I groan in pain and held my left shoulder which was badly hit. "You'll pay for your lies and trickery." He said.

The Lumberjack charge towards me and I brace myself for the amount of pain that I'm going to take. 'This is it Dipper, you're gonna die just because you failed to trap him in a tiny mirror.' I tell myself. 'And I can't believe I'm dying while wearing one of this tight suit and tie.' I mumble to myself.

"Not so fast!" Pacifica shouts and gets in front of while holding the mirror right in front of her.

"NO!!" The ghost screams as he gets sucked in the mirror and finally gets trapped.

She places the mirror down and hugs me tightly. I could feel my cheeks heat up "Are you okay Dipper?" She asks worry thick in her voice. She places her hands on my cheek and examines my bruise at my head.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." I reassure her as I smile at her concern. Her worry doesn't fade and she hugs me, again.

She lets go of the hug and a shade of pink shows up on both of her cheeks. "I'm sorry." She breaths out looking away. "I'm just-" She pauses and mumbles something.

"Hey, thank you for saving me back there." I smile at her.

"It's even then." She giggles.

I stand up and walk towards the mirror. "Let me out!" The ghost shouts as he bangs on the glass. "You can't trap me in here forever, Let me out!" He screams.

I slowly pick up the mirror and place it on my backpack. "Well, that's it." I say as I dusted my hands. "The job's done. Well I better go, I have to do some ritual or something. Thanks for coming with me Pacifica, I really appreciate it." I sincerely say.

"You're leaving already?" She asks. "The party just started, and it would be more fun if you were there with us." She says as she looks down.

"Well, I suppose. . ." I trail off.

"Oh come on." She says as she grabs my hand and takes me to the area where the party is.