Chapter 9: Dance with me

Pacifca's POV

I excuse myself from Dipper to tell the news to my parents. I'm sure they will be satisfied or happy.

I walk through the crowd filled with jewelry and spot my parents at the lounge area, talking with our visitors.

"Mom, Dad," I call out. They glance at me and a hint of annoyance appears.

"What is it Pacifica?" My dad narrowed his eyes at me. "Can't you see I'm talking to one of our richest guest?"

"The Lumberjack is trapped. The Ghost is gone." I say as I lowered my head in disappointment, I thought they would appreciate me by now.

"That's good. After a hundred years, the curse is finally broken." He says as he excuses himself to the guest.

"But dad, The curse isn't broken," I sigh as I look at our surroundings cautiously. "The curse will be broken if you'll only let the town folks in the Mansion. The ghost is gone but not the curse." I admit.

Dipper's POV

I was searching through the crowd for a chair to sit on. I have been standing here for hours and I don't think my legs will still hold my weight.

A girl bumped at me and we both apologize, but it appears to be Mabel.

"Dipper, I'm so glad to see you. I have this big problem and I need your help." She says frustration present in her tone. "Candy is flirting with Gabe, what am I gonna do now?" She asks.

"Wait a second, before we proceed in my very important problem. How was your date with Pacifica?" She grins as she nudges my shoulder.

"Date? No no no. Correction; it was a mystery hunt." I say as I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Oh come on Bro bro. Admit it, you like her!" She screams as I cover her mouth.

"Shh, Be quiet." I reprimand her. "I don't know, my feelings are messed up. She's really confusing at times." I admit.

"Well, do you want to find out what you really feel about her?" She asks with a smile.

"I guess so," I hesitantly say as I felt my shoulders tense.

"Then go ask her to dance." She persuades.

"Really? Is that gonna work?" I ask as I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Of course It's gonna work. Now stop being a big baby and ask her." She encourages me.

"Okay."

"That's the spirit." She smiles widely. "well I gotta give my problem to someone else instead to you. You sir have a bigger problem than me. Bye now." She waves as she leaves.

Do I really have feelings for Pacifica?

I can already see her walk towards me and I can't help but stare at her. "Hey Pacifica." I nervously say.

"Good, you still haven't ditched me." She laughs which also makes me too. "Hey thanks for sticking around here at the party."

The light of the room dims a little bit and changes in the color of violet and blue. The slow music plays and all of the people on the room partners up.

"Um. . . Pacifica?" I ask.

"Yes Dipper?" She blushes.

"Dance with me?" I ask as I held out my hand, while staring at her mesmerizing eyes.

"Of course Nerd." She accepts my hand and we dance to the beat, our smiles never fading.

Yeah, I think I like her.

Then a growl echoes from my backpack.