Buddy hunt (chapter twentyfive)

Allura's POV

The Umbreon that belonged to the police officer was standing below a bookcase with his tail wagging and his eyes fixed on something on top of the bookcase. His focus was only broken when Gloria and Allura stepped into the room. His ear closest to them twitched and he turned to look at them. He growled something to them, it wasn't a threat but at the same time he didn't sound too thrilled to see then here. His voice was deep and a little intimidating even though the things he said weren't that bad.

{Just because the door's open doesn't mean the general public is allowed back here now. Me and my partners are in the middle of catching some loose pokémon so this really isn't the best time ladies.} he said calmly.

"Oh sorry, but we were actually back here to get those pokémon. It's a Mimikyu, Scorbunny, Purrloin, Soble, Nickit, Grookey and Wooloo, right?" Allura checked counting on her fingers as she listed them off.

The Umbreon looked stunned for a moment {Uhhh...} he said as he still tried to process what had happened. {Yeaaaah...} he went on more slowly with a confused tone added to his formerly professional and mater a fact voice.

{That's exactly right apart from the Wooloo and Grookey I believe. Are they yours?} He tilted his head to one side a little.

"Yes, well, the Scorbunny and Mimikyu are mine but the Soble and Nickit belong to my friend here." She gestured to Gloria who waved at the police pokémon who in return nodded his head. "I'm Allura by the way, and this is Gloria."

{I'm Colonel. And this is really weird, how are you hearing me? Why are you hearing me? This isn't normal!} he went on speaking with clear disbelief in something that sounded like a mix between a bark and a growling sound.

"It's a long story." Is all she responded with, she understood his confusion but this wasn't the time for that story. "He says is name is Colonel by the way." Allura said to Gloria.

"Ok, well is he going to help us find our pokémon?" Gloria asked

"Uhh." Allura looked back at Colonel for an answer and he nodded in agreement "Yes, he will."

"Great." Gloria looked happy to hear that.

The Umbreon nodded to the top of the bookcase {There's a pokémon up there, I can't see it but I smell it. Plus the rude thing sprayed me earlier. I was trying to get it to come down peacefully but oh well.} he said and then in one powerful leap he scaled half of the tall bookcase and then in another quick bound he got to the top and fixed his stern gaze on something on the other side of the bookcase.

Whatever it was backed up and hit the wall with a thud and a shocked squeak. But it didn't have time to do much else before the police pokémon reached forward and grabbed the pokémon in his teeth and jumped back down with it.

The invisible pokémon revealed itself now that it had been caught, it was Misty!

She struggled but Colonel didn't drop her. He just carried her over and looked up at Gloria like he was waiting for a command. But Gloria just pulled out her pokéball and returned her starter. "Ok, now for the others." She said and the three of the them started to move onto the next room.

The next room was a locker room. A very messy and chaotic locker room. It had three people in it already, or rather one person and two pokémon. The first pokémon that caught Allura's attention was a little Corsola or at least  it looked like a Corsola. But it was a little off, actually it was way off for a Corsola.

It had a pale and dead-looking color pallet of white and grey and it's branches were made up of a thick white smoke. It's eyes seemed to be the only remotely lively thing about it, but that was only because they were filled with fear as the pokémon hopped rapidly away from the other pokémon that was chasing it.