Chapter-17- This must be the definiation of broken

I guess there are many reasons as to why I need some alone time. 1. Joss and me are going through a bit of awkward tension. 2. I can't find Maddie anywere. 3. I totally failed my maths exams. I don't even need to see the mark I got, I just know I failed.

then again, what else is new?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at Joss for the almost kiss at all. It's just a little awkward. I'm sure we'll get over it though soon. And soon can't come soon enough.

I tried calling Maddie about 10 times but she doesn't seem to want to answer her phone in a friends time of need.what could she be doing? I just hope she's not out with another one of her flings. I shutter at the thought.

Since going to complain my day away to Maddie is out of the question, I decided that I would go fro a stroll. I know, no one says stroll now-a-days, so I'm going for a walk. better?

Maybe to a pool, maybe to the park, maybe to a dark ally where my head will get slaughtered off by some physco path, I don't know where I'm going. Just out.

As my feet stummble in front of another, causing me to walk not so gracfully, i shiver a bit at the cold fall weather.

"why are you not wearing a jacket? It's got to be at least -5." comes a voice from behind me, causing me to look down at my outfit -a black and blue high, low shirt and black leggings- then towards the direction the voice came from.

I quickly realized the voice came from Exavior, who was jogging up beside me.

"Oh, I was kinda in a hurry to get out of my house, and forgot it..."

"Here, take mine." He suggests, taking off his jacket.

"As much as I really want that jacket, won't you get cold?"

I wasn't lying, I do really, really want that jacket, but I don't want to be a jerk and leave him to be cold.

"I don't get cold easily. And you look like an icicle."

"Oh. In that case, give me that jacket." I say snatching the jacket from his offering hand. As I sigh in delight as I soak up every warm fibre in his Jean jacket, I hear a dark chuckle.

"Someone's cold."

Suddenly realized what I just did, I blushed slightly.

"Sorry, I guess any normal girl wouldn't have done that." I say, turning my head slightly so he wouldn't see how embarrassed I am.

"No, it's fine, normal people tend to scare me."

"No way! You share that phobia too! I think we're going to get along just fine." I say slapping his arm playfully, and all traces of embarrassment leaving me.

"Would you mind me tagging along on your walk?" He asks.

"Um, I was actually planning on having a walk by myself, but if you really want to tag along you can." I reply, feeling guilty of I had to say no.

Suddenly, Exavior looked up as if sensing something unusual and horror struck his face.

"No. It's fine, you can continue your walk alone. I won't intrude." he says quickly.

"It's fine, you can walk too."

"No. I have places to go. Sorry, catch you at school." He says way to quickly and walking off, again, way to quickly.

Not even saying good bye, Exavior is out of site. I feel hurt, did he change his mind about wanting to be my friend? Is there something on my face? Did he just realize that I'm ugly in general? No. I'm being over dramatic. It's probably just something like he forgot to turn off the oven. I hope.