Chapter-1- I don't trust love

This is under editing, I wrote this a while back, so some chapters are probably going to be short and not as good. I am continuing this book from a while ago, so i am better at writing then I used to be, and I am going back and editing my chapters daily. So don't get mad for some of my crapy writing at times. Give me a chance.

Chapter-1- I don't trust love.

The music was way to loud, the chairs felt like pins and needles jabbing into your skin when you sat in them and worst of all I didn't even have a date!

This is why I never come to Meredith Brookstone's annual party of the year. I honestly wasn't planing on coming this year. But my best friend Maddie had somehow convinced me that it would be so much fun to attend this year.

I don't know where she see's fun in this. But I don't find it fun in the least. So, I guess you can say I'm not a big party girl.

Maddie had long blond hair and a streak of pink die in it with hazel brown eyes. Maddie was absolutely beautiful inside and out, I am quite lucky to have earned her friendship. Without her, I probably resemble a lost puppy, even if she did force me to this party.

And all I had was plain curls, redish brownish color hair, freckles and common blue eyes. Was I jealous of Maddie? Okay, maybe a little.

She was a very good friend but was incredibly annoying from time to time. Oh who am I kidding? She's annoying all the time.

Maddie's idea of fun, is not what I call fun, more like a day of horror. And this is by far the worst idea I let Maddie talk me into. And I had a mud bath because of her before, apparently it was supposed to lessen the chance of having future wrinkles. We're the sense is in that, I don't know. How she convinced me to do it, I also don't know. I just don't like parties, plain and simple.

All night, I've been standing at the snack table, eating my life away, while occasionally a stranger would come up to me and try to spark up small chat, but fail miserably at it. After they realize that all I'm going to do is continue standing there awkwardly nodding my head to all their questions, they politely say "good bye" and hit the dance floor.

The food was good. It was also all I experienced the entire night so far. But I didn't quite trust the drinks. There's most likely someone who spiked it. So I just grabbed a glass of what looked like fruit punch, and pretended to drink it. When in reality, I Wouldn't let that thing go anywhere near my face.

Maddie was off with some football jock, from our school, dancing to her hearts content and occasionally tripping so he could catch her. But knowing Maddie, she planed each fall so he could catch her.

But, I could also tell that she didn't expect much. Only a few dances tonight, and then she would forget about him tomorrow. Maddie doesn't often get committed with guys. But she has her reasons.

Last year when she gave her heart to Michel Thomas, it didn't end very gracefully. She caught him cheating on her, the night after she claimed her love for him. And to make matters worse, turns out he was only using her to get his ex jealous. Maddie was crying for Weeks. And I have that punk a black eye for what he did to Maddie. But I'm scared to know what Maddie would do to the poor guy if our roles were reversed. Maddie isn't exactly to big on rules. So it wouldn't end very well.

Ever since then, Maddie gave up on guys. She didn't actually get crushes. And she started messing with every guy in the school. They'd dance, kiss, hug, and all that sappy stuff. But Maddie didn't care about them as much as they'd hope. I know that makes her sound like a total diva, but she's scared to fall in love again. And it makes her fell special to know all the guys care for her.