Chapter-15- you mean she will bite off my fingers!?

"Joss, you are truly an idiot." I hissed, handing the money over the counter.

"Not my fault, blame the cops, they had it coming." Joss shrugged

"Yeah well whoever's fault it is, just made me broke of money, because I had to bail your sorry ass out of jail."

I said, walking out of the police station, and resisting the urge to punch him.

"Wow, I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever heard you swear, button." He said, side glancing at me.

"You know, I'm not all goodie goodie."

"Prove it." He said smirking

I thought about it for a minute. How could I show him. But when I came up with nothing, I shook my head and said "don't feel like proving anything to you."

He chuckled and carried on like we never had that conversation.

"You had to admit though, it was really funny." He smirked.

I couldn't help but let a smile crawl up to my lips at the memory.

"Yeah. I guess it was. Would have been a hell of a lot funnier If I didn't end up wasting my money on you." I say.

Joss covered his heart with his hands and gasped dramatically "words hurt, button. They do."

"Drama queen." I muttered at his childness.

We were waiting on the sidewalk, just outside of the police department, when Maddie pulled up in front of us, honking the horn of her new Jeep.

"Get in losers!" She hollered, leaning out the window, with one arm out of the car and resting on the side of it.

I had called Maddie, to come pick up me and joss, after he got arrested. And just as planned, she showed up after I got joss bailed.

I stepped up closer to the vehicle and reached for the passenger seat handle, when joss pulled my hand back and smirked.

"Oh no, I don't think so. I don't do the back seat of a car. You can crawl up, back there all you'd like. But I'm riding shot gun." He explained.

Good luck with that, buddy.

"I don't care what you 'do' and 'don't do' I'm getting the front. End of story."
I said air quoting 'do' and 'don't'

Me and joss started staring at each other. Not speaking, or reaching for the handle. Just squinting our eyes in a competition style, and had a mental staring contest.

It was kinda like in those movies were the villain and hero squint eyes and then the camera zooms in on it. But the was no camera or zooming in.

But it wasn't a movie. Just a teenage girl and teenage vampire, fighting over the front seat by squinting their eyes. Who would have guessed right?

My eyes were hurting, yes, but I was not about to blink. I hate losing. And I am defiantly not losing to this guy.

And then, just to my luck, joss blinked.
"HA!" I scream. "You blinked. I win. But most importantly, you lose. And I'm riding shot gun." I say doing a small victory dance.

Joss opened his mouth as if about to say something, but Maddie interrupted us, by clapping her hands and saying, "sorry to break it to you, but neither of you are getting the front seat. I just got this car, and I don't want you getting dirt and dust up front here. No matter how much I enjoy watching you two fight like an old married couple."

"But." Me and joss whined as a union trying to protest, but were cut of to soon by Maddie.

"But nothing. The two of you get your ass's in that God damn back seat. You hear me now?" She said lowering her black sun glasses, so that they lay on the tip of her nose while she glares at us pointingly.