Chapter 4- bite it

Greet-fully, nothing happened to me that night. I didn't sleep well, but nothing happened. I mainly tossed and turned till I found the small speck of sleep, without fear.

But I did however have a strange dream were I came to another encounter with joss, he was solid black, like a shadow. He had no features to him but his shape even though we were in bright light. Scarcely it wasn't at the party, it was at Maddie's house! I was going a little crazy. I said to myself. There is no way in hell, that I'm letting that monster get anywhere near Maddie.

Shaking my head to get ride of thoughts like this, I hopped out of bed and slipped on my new clothes to start my new day of worrying to death weather or not I will get drained of all my blood! this is gonna be fun...

I was thinking to myself sarcastically when my stomach growled, that was a sure fire sign of hunger.

Considering I didn't eat supper yesterday. Then another growl. and another at this point my stomach was telling me to go get food or I will punch your insides. This was painful. Like shoot yourself in the head twice, then shoot your corpse, painful.

So that's when I felt the punches. I knew they weren't actual punches but still my stomach was pounding. Stupid stomach, acting like a two year old throughout a tantrum.

I bent over slightly and started clutching my stomach and walked over to the kitchen were I was planning on grabbing a quick bowl of cereal, so I could get back to my worrying I guess.

Whooped-di-doo.

I reached up in the cuber to grab myself some yummy glazed flakes when I found nothing but an empty box. My face fell in a disappointed matter, and so did my stomach. But not before throwing a few more punches my way.

So I guess I'll have to settle for toast. I went to grab the bread out if the other cabinet but there was also nothing in there, looks like I'll have to go get some bread out of the freezer but then I will have to wait a few hours for them to unfreeze. And my stomach was not about to hold out for that much longer.

So I decided just to go out for breakfast, no harm in that. right?

at least. I hope. I mumbled under my breath, and walked to the front door where my boots and jackets were. I tossed them on, grabbed my phone and keys and soon I was out the apartment door. But, as soon as I locked the door to my home, I felt a slight and warm breeze against the back of my neck.

I turned around like a jet, but what I saw, was nothing.

I tried to convince myself it was just the wind, but I had a feeling inside telling me that it wasn't.

I flipped around, towards the exit, well in my case the stairs to the exit, I really don't need to be scared right now. All I have to focus on is food.

I was walking a lot faster now, dodging the elevator cause I was now afraid to take the elevator now incase I get trapped in there with some vampiric freak, so I went straight for the stairs.

I was almost there when I heard a voice, a similar voice, a voice that I knew right away of who it was. " It's been only last night when we've seen each other last, and your already thinking about me? how sweet?"

was what he had said right before shoving me against the wall, joss, i knew it!

he shoved me just like what he has done last night. Talk about déjà-vu.

I was terrified. Completely and utterly terrified. Last night was probably just my freebie. He's probably here to finish me off. How did he even get my address? Oh right. Vampire stuff. Not cool.

Last night was too dark to tell what he looked like, but now that we were in solid light I had a perfect vision of him. He had short black hair with big brown eyes and had a small smirk curling up his lips. If I hadn't of had the encounter with him last night, then I might have actually mistake him as a human. He looked so human like.

I was convinced that he was gonna finish off my blood since he hadn't gotten a chance last night, but instead of feasting he just talked.

"Did you dream about me?" he said to me while he still had me trapped against the wall. I knew that answer though, but I didn't want to actually admit that to him. "No!" I said quite demanding trying to hide the lie.

He just kinda smirked and kissed his two fingers then places his fingers on my cheeks as if to mock how sensitive I was at the moment. I could tell he knew I was lying that might have been why he did it to. But the second his fingers touched my cheeks, I squirmed as best as I could away from them.

A flash of some kind of emotion crossed his eyes, but I had no idea what. But it was gone the second it arrived. Before I could make out what emotion. Wait, why should I care? Phft. I don't.

But it was only seconds later when he opened his mouth exposing his fangs.

Now I was certain that he was about to finish me off, but as if knowing when to show up, Maddie turned around the corner from the stairs and she looked almost as shocked as I was the first time I had seen joss.

She had all of her long blonde hair in her eyes, she moved it quickly behind her ear as soon as she spotted me and that monster.

I knew she couldn't see his fangs but she still didn't know who he was.

Joss had relished his grip fully of me on the wall as he took a step backwards hiding his fangs once again back into his gums.

"Sorry to startle you mam' I will just be on my way." joss said to me and Maddie.

Please! sorry my butt!

He walked down the stairs, but quickly before he had turned back around winking at me with his big brown eyes.

Then he had walked all the way back down. When Maddie looked almost certain that he was gone, she turned back and looked at me and said, "who was that?!"

I still wasn't quite sure that I wanted to tell her yet of who he actually was. "Just some freak who doesn't know what a personal bubble is." I lied.

Apparently I lied better then I had before cause she actually looked like she had believed me.

"So what are you doing at my apartment?" I asked. "Just wanted to know if you wanted to go out for something to eat?" wow! I swear Maddie knows exactly what I need exactly when I need it. "Thanks that would be great!" I said back.

We both walked down the stairs together and went to my favorite restaurant, 'bite it'. Witch now that I think about it, I don't think I feel that comfortable being in anymore.

That's probably the last time I go there...