C̸h̸a̸p̸t̸e̸r̸ T̸h̸i̸r̸t̸y̸ E̸i̸g̸h̸t̸

I don't know how long I was out for but I was dead asleep. That was until I felt someone tapping me on my shoulder.

I groan and sat up.

Right when I got up though my head was throbbing.
Then I remembered someone was tapping me.
I looked over and it was Mike and he had a black eye.

I reached my hand out and held his face.

"Mike? What happened?"

He looked down and gently pushed my hand away.

"I don't want to make you upset if I told you," Mike murmured.

Obviously, this implied to me that it was William.

"Michael you won't make me upset if I'm already upset with your father."

He sighed and looked at me.

"After you ran out it made me mad so I stormed over to dad and confronted him. Not just about what happened with you but with something else."

Mike paused.

"(Y/n) I know you love him and that you are engaged but he hasn't changed one bit."

I shook my head.

"I know William is still doing bad things but I wouldn't say he hasn't changed." I tried to explain.

"To you, he has changed but to me, he's the same person who wouldn't give a shit about me even when Elizabeth was alive. The only difference I can name about him is that he shows love and pity towards you."

My words were taken away.
Mike was right again.
While his personality to me has changed nothing else has.

He still kills kids, he still leans to being immortal, and he still does his cruel and wicked actions.

I must have been quiet for some time because
Mike placed his hand on my shoulder.

"(Y/n) I know what he's doing. His plan is to have me as the bait for the reason why we look similar."

Mike pointed at his face.

"Just look at me. We look pretty similar apart from a few minor details and we are already working in the dark so harder to see the details that pull us apart."

I looked up at Mike and squinted my eyes.
If I was being honest he did look sort of like William but just younger.

"The similarities are there but I didn't think of that reason." "I only knew he was using you as bait so that the animatronics would take you first."

"But the more I think about it with that and how you both look similar would make sense why the BidyBabs went for you first and then me." I told Mike.

"That would make sense."

Remembering Mike had a black eye I gently reached my hand out and grazed the skin.
He flinched right away.

"Ow, that hurt."

"Sorry Mike, we should get that iced."

"But where can we get ice?" He asked.

"The store you idiot," I answered like a smartass.

Mike smiled at that, "Okay, I meant how are we going to get there?"

I pondered for a moment

"Shit, I didn't think about that. I don't have the keys to the car. I think William might have them."

Mike shook his head, "No we can not go back there he's probably a mess."

"Well, I don't care. My first priority is to take care of you as a mother should."

I then stood up.

"And that's what I'm going to do," I said reaching my hand out to Mike.

He took it and I helped him stand.

"Thank you (y/n), for everything."

A big smile rose to my face.
I opened my arms and hugged Mike.

"Michael no matter what happens to me just remember that I will always be here for you. Okay?"

Mike nodded his head.

"Okay (y/n)"

I then released myself from the hug.

"How about while we get you ice for your eye we can get slushes too."

Mike smiled brightly.

"Gasp! I haven't had one of those in forever."

I lightly chuckled, "Today is your lucky day then."
•———•

We walked the 20 minutes back to Circus Baby's rentals.
I approached the door with Mike behind me.

"Mike stay here I'm going to go in."

He shook his head.

"No, I don't want you getting hurt."

I sighed and grabbed Mike and held him close.

"Stay close to me and don't look at your father. The keys are in my bag so we will be quick."

Mike nodded his head and we walked in.
Instantly the smell of rotting went through my nose.
On the far side of the building, I could make out faint glowing eyes.

That was William no doubt about it but it looks to be he took the illusion disc off.
I then saw my bag over in the corner of the room.

"Mike go and grab my bag but go slowly."

Not saying a word he let go of me and carefully made his way to my bag while I kept my eyes on William.

Keeping eye contact with William was terrifying. I was afraid he was going to jump out at one point.

Thankfully he didn't.
Mike handed me my bag and then clung close to me.

Slowly I began to back away.
I didn't want to lose eye contact with William, if I did who knows what would happen.

When we were close to the door I told Mike to go. He opened the door while I stayed behind.

I slightly raised my head up.
"I'm going to go get Mike some ice for his eye, we will talk when I get back."

William didn't say anything back so I just left.

"What did you say to him?" Mike asked.

"I just told him I was getting you some ice. Now come let's hurry up and get in the car."

Mike jumped into the front seat and I got into the driver's side.
I started the car and we drove off.