C̸h̸a̸p̸t̸e̸r̸ F̸o̸r̸t̸y̸ O̸n̸e̸

My head and hands were throbbing. I don't know why they were but the pain was worse than getting springlocked.

Due to the pain, it caused me to wake up from my blackout.
When I sat up an ice pack fell into my lap.

I picked it up and looked at it puzzled.

I was about to question why I had it but the same sting went through my head.
With clenched eyes I held onto my head and groaned.

As I tried to get rid of the pain the memories of what I did ran through my head.
I quickly opened my eyes and looked around.

I was in the room I got dressed in before my shift.

Then the soft sound of someone snoring caught me off guard.
I glanced over to my side and saw Mike sleeping.

Seeing this confused me.

'Why was Mike here?' 'Does he know what I did?' I pondered.

I let go of my head and looked down at my bandaged hands.
For some reason I still had the black fingerless gloves on.
I took them off and started down at my bandages surprised.

They were fresh, like someone had replaced my old ones.

Then another strike of pain roared through my head.  I grabbed it tightly and held back a scream.
Luckily this one only lasted a few seconds.

But not wanting to wake Mike up just incase if I were to scream, I quietly got up and walked out of the room.

My body was halfway out of the room when I glanced up to see William fiddling with something.

"William?" I whispered.

He turned his head and looked directly at me.
I could feel his dead cold eyes stare right back at me.

Avoiding his eyes I glanced to the door and closed it.
Since Mike was asleep this was the perfect time to ask William the many questions I had.

I started to walk over to him when the unbarring pain stuck through my head.
I fell to the floor holding my head in intense pain.

William ran to me and held me close.

While his comfort was nice I couldn't help but remember what he told me the last I saw him.

Weakly, I pushed him away.

"Love are you alright?"

"Do I look okay? My head and hands are in pain and I don't even know why?" I semi-shouted.

Even thought I barely yelled it did not help the  hurting in my head. In fact, I think it made us worse.

Seeing me in pain William's hand gently move up and down my back.

"I supposed you don't remember what happened."

William scoffed half smiling, "I don't blame you, hitting your head that hard isn't good for you."

William then looked at me.

"Do you at least recall when you pulled the knife up to my throat?"

Not wanting to nod my head I made an "mmmh hmmm" sound.

"Well after you did that I felt challenged since you held up a knife to me, a crazy murderer." He chuckled.

William continued,  "Instantly I grabbed your hand that held the knife and your other hand that held my wrist."

"At that moment the color in your face drained. And me wanting to see fear and pain in your eyes I squeezed your already injured hands, almost crushing them."

"As you cried out in pain I released my grip from your hands. Then I grabbed you by your shoulders and slammed your head against the wall 3 times."

When he was explaining what happened I could hear the sorrow in his voice. I could even make out a few cracks when he described what he did.

"Thankfully by the third time I hit your head on the wall I noticed what I was doing and regained control."

"You were barely conscious but you still held onto me. But as the darkness was taking your body you slowly slid down my body when finally you were out on the floor." He finished.

Hearing what actually happened made me question my sanity.

"So you just slammed me against a wall. That was it right?"

Williams eye brows raised in suspicion.

"Yes that's what I explained."

I smiled.

"Good, good. Then I can just forget what I saw."

"You saw something?"

William worriedly looked me in the eyes.

"(Y/n) what did you see?" He urged.

"It's nothing really it was nothing. It's just something better forgotten." I reassured.

I knew William wasn't going to let this go but this time I won't tell him what I thought I did.

If I told him what happened he would just keep pushing me to kill and that's not what I want.
I already sort of killed Garret and that's all I will plan to do.

Sighing I spoke, "I will tell you one day, but for now, I want to leave it behind with all my other traumatic memories."

(Sorry this was a short chapter. Only 828 words normally I do at least 1,000 for each but I just wanted to post something for everyone who was waiting for my lazy ass to publish this chapter.)