Paya

Kogam had nothing to do. Since the last battle, he wished to have time for himself. He decided to go for a ride. He saddled his horse, mounted, and set off in the direction of the Dueling Peaks. He hadn't been that way since he chased down Link and Zelda and he hadn't been over the Kakariko Bridge, so he spurred his horse and rode in that direction.

"Hmm," he murmured. "I'm pretty sure Kakariko Village is at the end of that road."

He went as fast as he could. He rode through the night, stopping at Dueling Peaks Stable. Kogam checked the clock inside on the wall and realized that he had been traveling almost all night; it was 1:00 in the morning.

Kogam payed 20 rupees and crawled into bed. He woke at around noon and kept going. He reached the bridge and came to a trot. Kogam felt that it was necessary to, since it was an ancient bridge. As he came to the end of the bridge, a man called out to him.

"Isn't it a beautiful day?" he asked.

"It sure is," Kogam replied.

"Too bad you can't enjoy it," the man chuckled. "I will take your life, Captain Kogam of the Hyrulean Army!"

The man went into a fighting stance and, with a poof, transformed into a Yiga Footsoldier. Kogam jumped off of his horse and drew his sword. He ran to slash the Yiga but he teleported away from Kogam. He poofed right next to Kogam and the Hylian struck with his sword.

"Ow!" the Yiga roared.

He disappeared and slashed down onto Kogam, but he rushed out of the way. Kicking the Yiga, he put the sword point right up to the Yiga's throat.

"Go, and send a message to your leader," hissed Kogam. "Tell your leader to leave Hyrule alone."

The Yiga hastily poofed away. Kogam sheathed his sword and mounted his steed. They galloped off and made it to Kakariko without any more fuss. When he arrived outside of the leader's house, two men went into fighting stances. A young lady who was around Kogam's age, maybe a year younger, looked up at Kogam. She had brown eyes and a bun in her hair.

"D-Dorian, C-Cado, c-can't you show him s-some hospitality?" she stammered.

"I guess, Miss Paya," said Dorian. "Why don't you show him to the inn?"

"O-of c-course," Paya stammered.

Turning to Kogam, she said, "I'm P-Pa-Pay- I'm Paya."

"Where's the inn?" Kogam asked Paya.

"Why a-are you h-here?" Paya asked.

"Wandering," Kogam replied.

Paya nodded and walked in silence. Kogam followed her to the inn. This Sheikah girl was shy, and Kogam respected that. She seemed respected in Kakariko Village. He dismounted, thanked Paya, and walked into the inn.

*****

Annika was sitting on the lawn and wondering why her father suddenly had a change of heart. It was strange. She was pondering this when Arthur flung yellow paint at her.

"Hey!" she laughed.

"What?" snickered Arthur.

"No flinging paint at the Princess of Alomida!" said Annika jokingly.

That made Arthur laugh even harder. He was lying on the grass laughing, tears in his eyes, when Annika painted a yellow mustache on his face. She added a goatee.

"Hey!" laughed Arthur.

"What?" Annika snickered.

"No painting facial hair on a sailor's son!" said Arthur jokingly.

*****

As Annika and Arthur were laughing about paint, King Zongas and Queen Atheath were standing on the balcony, watching their daughter.

"She's growing up," sighed Atheath.

"Part of me knows that," sighed Zongas. "Another part of me wants to hold onto the little girl she once was."

Atheath rested her hand on his.

"Me too," she said. "At least we have Fridolf and Gustav."

Something struck Zongas.

"I feel that we need to check on our sons," said Zongas worridly. "I fear that something is happening to our kingdom."

Atheath nodded.

"I feel it too," said Atheath. "Aloma is trying to speak to us."

Aloma was the Alomidan equal to Hylia, and if she called, you had to answer.

~~

Something was, indeed, happening at Alomida Castle. Lidorans were happening.