Life as a King

Link normally would be training, if it weren't for Zelda. His wife was the queen, so he was the king. He remembered how he had bumped into her, and had fallen in love with her, and now they had a daughter.

"Amia!" Zelda called, running after their 2 year old daughter. "Amia, get back here!" Link followed Zelda, and found Amia in the arms of Maryl, Zelda's former caretaker

"Thank Hylia you got her," Zelda said, relieved. 

"She would have run into Kogam's spear," Link agreed. "Why was she here anyways?"

"Oh," Zelda said. "She wanted to meet Kogam."

"And she ran off?" Maryl asked, one of her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah," Zelda replied.

Just then, Captain Kogam walked out.

"Hey Kogam!" Link exclaimed.

"Hey yourself," Kogam replied. "Your majesties."

He quickly added after seeing Maryl. Link pulled Kogam into a brotherly hug.

"Want to spar?" Link asked. Kogam nodded.

The two men went into the very place they first held a sword, many years ago.

*****

Jorulph was sitting boredly on his throne. Not much was happening in Learia since his brother-in-law, Torrik, died. The battle was very exciting, but Queen Zelda's father thought that him and his little brother were betraying Hyrule.

Link would never have done that, Jorulph thought.

Just then, a young woman with dark skin and red hair walked in the room. Her abs were showing, and she was wearing high heeled shoes. The woman had a curved sword and a gold shield with a ruby in the middle.

"Hello," she said. "I am here on behalf of the Gerudo of the Desert Kingdom."

"Who are you?" the Learian king asked.

"Names are easy," she laughed. "But if you want to know mine, I'm Anaut."

Anaut smiled.

"Do you have a message for me?" Jorulph asked suspiciously.

"I do," Anaut answered. "The king of the Gerudo, Ganondorf, wants to meet you. He wants you to be at the Desert Kingdom by the tenth day of the tenth month."

"Do you mean October 10th?" Jorulph asked.

"We Gerudo record time differently than the rest of the kingdoms," Anaut smiled. "We don't have names for our months and numbers for our days. I must go now. The Desert Kingdom is in the far south, and I must go."

With that, Anaut walked out of the throne room.

*****

When Kogam and Link were finished sparring, sweat dripped from their foreheads.

"That was fun!" Link panted.

"Haven't done that in awhile," Kogam agreed. "All of the new trainees aren't good enough to spar with me, except Lynna, Horon, Luca and Erin. They are the four top of the class, like we were."

"I forgot to ask," Link said. "How's Ibo?"

"I'm doing okay," Ibo said. "Your majesty."

Ibo was still short, but he seemed to be looking less vengeful than he did when he tried to get Link and Kogam in trouble. Just then, a messenger arrived in the barracks.

"Your majesty," the messenger gasped. "Your presence is needed in the Sanctum."

"Alright," Link said. "Feel free to get something to drink."

The messenger gratefully nodded, and walked off to the kitchens.

When Link arrived at the Sanctum, a young woman entered. She was tall, with dark skin and dark red hair. Her abs were showing, and she carried a curved sword and a gold shield with a ruby in the center.

"Hello," she said. "I am Ubasa of the Gerudo. I am here on behalf of King Ganondorf of the Desert Kingdom." Ubasa bowed respectfully to the King and Queen of Hyrule.

"What is your message?" Link asked, his voice echoing through the Sanctum.

"King Ganondorf wants you, along with King Jorulph and Queen Naphi of Learia, to meet him on the tenth day of the tenth month," Ubasa said.

"Will you return this message?" Link asked. "Tell your king that we, Queen Zelda and I, will come."

"Of course I will," replied Ubasa.

The Gerudo bowed again, then she left. Link looked at Zelda.

"Do you really want to go?" Zelda asked.

"I do," Link said. "I want to meet this King Ganondorf."

"But what about Amia?" Zelda asked. "Who is going to take care of her? Who is going to keep her out of trouble? Who is going to play with her?"

"Zelda," Link said, pulling his wife into a hug. "We have Maryl."

He kissed her on the cheek. Zelda sighed, leaning into him.

"You're right," she said. "Maybe we should go." Link pulled Zelda closer.

"We should go check on Amia," Link suggested.

Zelda nodded, and the couple went out of the Sanctum to find their mischeivous daughter.