The Master Sword

Link and his strange companion were running through the forest, being chased by some Hylians. For some reason, the deeper into the forest, the mistier and foggier it got. Soon, Link and Midna were at an ancient-looking arch.

"Where are we?" Link asked.

"The Lost Woods," Midna replied. "Pick up that stick and light it, or just follow the wind."

Link and Midna followed the wind, getting lost a couple of times, but eventually made it to a beautiful forest.

"Welcome to the Korok Forest!" a strange forest creature said cheerfully.

Link assumed it was a korok. In the center of the tranquil forest sat a beautiful blade; it had a blue handle with the symbol of the Triforce on the blade. It looked like the same sword from the tapestries of the past Heroes.

"Is that-" Link started.

"Yes," Midna replied. "It's the Master Sword. Walk up to it." 

Link walked up to the sword. He reached out a paw and touched it. White light emitted off of it, sending Midna flying, but Link stood his ground. The Shadow Crystal that was embedded in his head came out, and Link's paws turned into hands and feet. His claws turned back into fingernails. He looked down. He was back in his blue tunic.

"Pull the sword," an ancient voice boomed.

Link looked up.

A tree? Link thought.

"I am the Great Deku Tree," the tree said. "You must pull the Master Sword."

Link obeyed and grasped the handle. He pulled. Straining, he managed to get it out. Link held the sword out, pointing it's blade skyward. A shaft of golden light shone on it.

"There was once a legend about a spirit in the sword," the Great Deku Tree boomed. "But unfortuanately, she is in a deep, deep slumber. Her name was Fi."

"I know," Midna giggled.

She bounced up behind Link.

"Midna," the tree said. "You have an important role in all this."

"I know," Link's companion smirked. "We should get going."

Link grinned at her, and she swooped into his shadow.

"If you need me," Midna said. "Just call me. I'll come out."

Link nodded, and the pair set off.

*****

Jorulph couldn't turn his mind from his son and daughter.

I hope Esie and Torrik are okay, Jorulph thought.

"I know Torrik and Esie may be upset," Naphi murmured, resting her head on his chest. "But we have to have faith that Ralph and Jaruk will try and save us."

"I know," Jorulph sighed. "I just wish I could run out and destroy Ganondorf." Jorulph clenched his fists. Naphi put her hand on his and lowered them.

"Don't worry," Naphi replied. "We just have to have faith that Link will find a way to save us."

Jorulph smiled at Naphi and promptly fell asleep.

He dreamed about Link's transformation, and how he escaped with Midna, when he woke with a spearpoint at his neck.

"Wha-?" Jorulph said drowsily.

"King Ganondorf wants you," the Gerudo growled. "It looks like the wolf has escaped."

Jorulph's eyes were wide. Whatever was going to happen, Jorulph was sure it wouldn't be good.