Prologue

"Once upon a time, there lived a young boy who loved to sing. His voice was so angelic and colorful that the flowers bloomed the moment he started singing. He had eyes that glowed a bright, brilliant red that they almost looked like rubies.

"One day, he visited a nearby town to share his music. This town was filled of happy, hardworking people. The children were running around and playing with each other. The aroma of different kinds of food filled the air. Everyone was off doing their business.

"He gathered all the people together and stood on a platform so that everyone would see him. Although confused, they seemed to be interested with what this boy had to offer. They halted their work and headed toward the platform.

"With all the confidence in him, he closed his eyes and began to sing. All around, only his voice was heard, everyone and everything else was quiet. Even the wild animals approached to hear the beautiful music coming from the town.

"When the boy finished singing, he opened his eyes. The people were not happy with what they heard. Their faces full of anger. They started shouting mean things to him, that the boy was some sort of demon who came to bring destruction to them. They threw rocks at the boy.

"Frightened and battered as he was, he ran away as fast as he could. All out of breath, he rested by a river, not too far from the town. He began to cry, wondering why the people did not like what they heard.

"At that very moment, he started to hear shouting. Shouts, not of anger, but cries of help. He looked up at the sky and saw fumes of smoke rising from the direction of the town. Without hesitation, he ran back to find out what happened.

"He came to a sudden stop at the sight of the town engulfed in flames. The fire was so great that no one could escape it. It was only a few seconds when the shouting stopped. Everyone in the town had perished.

"The boy fell to his knees, tears running down his face. He could not fathom what had just happened. He began to think if this was all because of him. Was he the demon that they said he was? The bringer of destruction? He closed his eyes once more, trying to remember the faces of the people in the town, how they were happy before he came to them.

"As he opened his eyes, he felt something different inside him. His eyes had turned to a very dark and sad blue."

"What happens next, Ma?"

"The boy swore never to sing again. He was afraid that he'd bring destruction once again to innocent lives."

"That's such a sad story. I hope I could tell him that it wasn't his fault."

"Who knows? Maybe it was, maybe it was not. Unless he is shown proof that it was not his fault, I doubt that he'd start singing again."

"Then until I find that proof, I'll sing for him, Ma."

"Silly little child. Go to sleep."

"Good night, Ma."

"Good night, Alec."