𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚢𝚎

A/N: the only thing i have to say is spoilers for episode 147 !! do not watch the clip above/read this chapter if you have not seen that episode/do not want to be spoiled !!

that's all <33

3rd Person P.O.V.

"If you stay any longer-"

If he stayed any longer, he wouldn't be able to let him go. 

And suddenly, he was holding himself back. Holding his words back, out of fear they'd chain his best friend down. 

But that wasn't his friend anymore, was he?

He'd said and done horrible things to him in the past, but he was still here, so maybe that did solidify the possibility of them still being friends.

"Yeah..." was all that came as a response.

They looked at each other, and he had such a sad smile upon those pale lips.

For the boy on the receiving end felt those words, that cut off sentence, meant that he was holding his friend back. He was still a burden, though he longed not to be.

And though his heart ached, he knew he had to let him go.

He just didn't expect he'd have to so soon.

It had only been 2 years that they'd known each other, but they were the most important two years of both of their lives. Whether they'd admit it or deny it, they both meant more than words could ever express to each other.

And that in itself was cathartic. It gave him peace of mind, while only a sliver. It was enough to keep him from cracking.

"No matter what Kite said, we'll always be friends!" he had exclaimed.

"Yeah!" came the enthusiastic response.

And with that, they turned away.

The older, a look of determination decorating his face.

And the younger, with the saddest azure eyes ever. He was drowning with regret.

Deep down, so was the other. He'd at least wanted to hug him, but if he let himself, he wouldn't have been able to let go, quite literally. He didn't want to make him feel obligated to stay if he didn't want to.

Because if the boy with the amber eyes, dark hair, and green jacket let himself hug the boy with the blue eyes, white hair, and navy turtleneck, neither would be able to let go.

Neither were ready to let go, but the younger supposed that was life.

He desperately tried to will himself out of looking back, but he just had to see. Was he waiting to see if he'd do that?

When Killua turned around, Gon was no longer there.

And there was nothing he could do to make him come back.

A/N: hello it is me your local angst dealer <33

this chapter kinda spewed outta me- i began writing it and intended to finish it later but just kinda kept going. i think it turned out well, really really bittersweet <3

this chapter was actually inspired by this text post analysis !!  https://telehxhtrash.tumblr.com/post/630609796741120000/i-never-fucking-noticed-until-a-few-days-ago-but?fbclid=IwAR3LsSVJedHE7tt4V4Hb8bWZpAUn297U-QU-NuDj5bxq7pnJryQ8xjYe-Hs

this person has a bunch of useful factual posts on how to prove people who claim gon and killua are straight wrong <33 it's literally undeniable at this point. 

i am opening up this book to requests, though i cannot guarantee i can get to all of them ! but i will certainly try

tysm for reading, bye bye now !