𝚖𝚊𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜

"You think I'm all that but I'm really not."

"If you're the sun, I'm the moon. I only know darkness. You, on the other hand, bring light wherever you go. It's ridiculous that you don't see it."

"The moon can't shine without the sun, Killua."

"Huh?!"

"And the sun still needs the moon."

"Idiot, what are you talking about?"

"The moon is what moves the tides, right? And the sun evaporates water so it can make rain. Without the moon, what if the water was too far away from the sun to make rain?"

"You're delusional, Gon."

"No, what I'm saying is, I need you, Killua!"

Those 9 words struck Killua's heart like a gong, reverberated throughout his entire being, sending pulses through his heart and veins, sending shivers up his spine, and throwing his thoughts into a swirl of "that can't be true." "but i want it to be!"

"I'm not your moon, Gon. Maybe I'm a star or something, one that people don't even think is cool because it's not part of any constellations." 

"The sun is a star too, though. Which makes you even more important!"

"Damnit," Killua thought. "He's got me there."

"Quit saying such embarrassing and stupid things, Gon. Or else I might do something dumb."

"But I mean them! And what will you even do?"

Killua looked up at him, his expression evident of his aching heart. "I might think they're true, idiot."

Gon's heart cracked at the implication of Killua's words, that they were not in fact, true. The very thought that Gon was lying to Killua infuriated him, he could never do something so detrimental to the one that he loved.

"Guess I have to make you do something dumb."

"What are you up to?" Killua asked, almost accusingly. Though he loved the boy next to him, he was worried about what Gon had in store. 

"Look at the sky, Killua."

Killua did as told, and focused his attention on the vast image before him. Navy blue, almost black, veiled over from where the sky met the sea on the horizon. Countless stars danced and twinkled, a few brighter than others, but all beautiful in their own right. 

Maybe if Killua was a distant star, he could still be appreciated. It was a kind thought, one he'd like the universe to entertain. 

"I'm going to show you you're my moon."

"And how will you do that?"

Killua had his answer soon enough.

Gon had grabbed his hand and pulled him up, leading him away from their stargazing spot. Killua basked in the feeling of Gon's hand against his, how it was calloused but comfortable at the same time. He wanted to trace his fingertips along the lines and make a map that he could memorize by heart.

And Killua had no way of knowing this, but while his sweet, sincere thought about Gon's hand flushed his cheeks and danced in his mind, Gon wanted to map the stars with their love. He wanted to make sure that Killua knew how much gon loved him.

Gon wanted Killua to see how much he truly loved him.

Gon stopped pulling the silver haired boy when he got to their destination. There was a perfect view of the moon above them.

He noticed how KIllua looked up in awe, mouth slightly agape. He noticed how under the moonlight, azure ocean eyes glowed an utterly celestial blue that Gon felt so lucky to have. Killua was his and only his, and he was the only one to see how his eyes looked in the moonlight.

Gon got Killua's attention after a few moments by tapping his shoulder. Killua jumped a little, surprised to be pulled out of his trance. "S-Sorry. It just looks really pretty." he said, lowly.

Gon smiled. "I'm glad you like it."

Pale but glowing under the moonlight, Killua's cheeks blushed a fierce pink, something of the sun peeking over the horizon at dawn to test if there were any animals awake.

"That's another reason why you're my moon, Killua... You're so beautiful, just like it."

Killua inaudibly gasped, willing himself not to believe the words that came out of Gon's mouth. "It's not true, it's not true, it's not true." repeated the mantra in his head, but he knew it was futile. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't deny how Gon sincerely meant every single word he'd said about Killua that night.

"I can see you don't believe me still. Close your eyes."

Killua hesitantly followed the request, dark lashes fluttering downwards until he could no longer see. He took a deep breath, trying to stop himself from feeling so nervous.

"Remember what I said about the sun needing the moon?"

"Yeah, why?" The silver haired boy fought to keep his eyes closed.

"This is what I meant."

Soft lips touched Killua's, just barely there. It was a question.

Is this okay?

The answer was yes, as Killua pressed his lips further into the delicacy of the kiss. He felt Gon's smile, just a small one, before his head was tilting and their lips were truly meeting.

The unification of two celestial bodies.

And now, all either of them could do was feel. Feel how gon's left and cupped killua's right cheek and his thumb softly caressed it. Feel how their lips weren't messily smashed together, but rather they moved in synchronous with one another. 

When Gon pulled away, Killua was sad the kiss had ended. But he was happier than ever, and he knew and could feel that Gon loved him. 

He was indeed, the moon to Gon's sun.

And from the angle they were in when you took into account the position of the moon, Killua eclipsed Gon. He covered his body in shadow completely, yet Gon continued to glow.

Gon was the sun to Killua's moon.

"Was that so dumb?" 'The Sun' asked.

'The Moon' sighed. "No, I suppose it wasn't."

They kissed again beneath the countless shining stars, and pretty as they all were, none of them could compare to the beauty in this moment.