𝚒 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞

"Killua, what do you want to be in your next life?"

"Um, what do you want?"

"In my next life, I want to be me again, and I want to meet you."

[ ~ ]

Those eyes were too familiar. And yet, he had never seen that person before. At least, not in this life. Gon had heard of people remembering their past lives, but he wasn't entirely sure it was true. But because of how strongly he recognized those ocean blue eyes, that was the only conclusion he could come to.

He'd only seen those eyes for a fraction of a second, but in the time he did, his heart ached with remembrance. Whoever held those eyes in his past life held great importance to him. 

"H-Hey, wait up!" He shouted, scrambling to rush after those irises. 

The holder of the eyes stopped their skateboard and looked at Gon.

And, almost inexplicably, knew his name.

"Gon?" His eyes pricked with the threat of tears, though he couldn't quite discern why.

"How'd you know my name?" Gon asked, with a slight tilt of his head. 

"Lucky guess, I suppose..." He muttered, looking down. His bangs cast shadows over his eyes. 

Gon's heart ached, he recognized that action so well.

"What's yours?"

He was reluctant to answer. "Killua." 

A pang of familiarity struck through Gon. He remembered that name, and for some reason, thought of lightning and... murder?

"I'm Gon! But- you already know that." He sheepishly said, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Yeah..." Killua replied, wondering why this person made his heart pound. They'd only just met, right? He'd overheard Illumi talking with their parents about seeing a man in some oddly clown-esque attire, and feeling as though he recognized him from his past life. But Killua always thought Illumi was crazy, so he thought that it was ridiculous. 

But Killua could swear that he knew those hazel eyes from somewhere. But it couldn't be from this life, could it?

"Do you... remember me?" The hazel eyed boy asked shyly.

Killua took a good look at him, which only made his heart pound faster.

I remember you.

"Y-Yeah. But I don't know how." He answered truthfully.

Gon smiled. "I remember you, too, Killua." 

Now, it was Killua's turn to feel that pang of familiarity. The way his named rolled off of Gon's tongue was so natural, as if he had said it thousands of time before. The way Gon said his name was so intimate, somehow. It made him happy and fuzzy inside, to hear this strange boy say his name. He didn't know this kid at all, but at the same time, he did. 

Images flashed in his mind. Things from his past life. Things about Gon. An island, a fishing pole, a campfire, and the stars. 

I want to know why I remember him.

"Hey Killua, do you wanna find out why we remember each other? I know I'm real curious about it." Gon said with a wide grin. 

Killua's stomach erupted in butterflies, and he remembered thinking of this boy as light. And him telling Killua that they would... save Kite?