𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎.

i can't ask that you return safely
no, i can't ask that at all
my only wish is that you come home.

just
come
home.

[ ~ ]

He tried to come home. He really did. It was all he wanted.

Unfortunately, that's not how things went.

"Come home," Killua had requested. "That's all I want."

It was all Gon wanted, too. But he didn't make it home. He didn't make it anywhere near there.

Instead, his blood was spattered on the sidewalk as his eyes were empty and his body laid lifeless, immobile as stone. A corpse, in blatant and morbid phrasing.

And that was simply the end. 

In his final breath, these words died on his tongue.

"I'm so sorry, Killua." Was accompanied by his final bout of nervous laughter.

"I couldn't.. keep a promise. Forgive me."

Forgive me.

Killua had thought that the sun would burn out long after his life had concluded, but he found soon enough that it was gone in an instant.

There was no more light in his life.

As soon as his life crested, it fell. Every moment they'd spent together was suddenly too far away to hold on to, because Killua could not hold on to him.

Gon had been the sun, and he, the moon. Killua orbited him, his life revolved around Gon. All he ever wanted was Gon, Gon, Gon.

And there is no moonlight without the sun.

And just like the sun set for the last time, the moon never shone in the sky again.

Perhaps in the afterlife, or another life, they'd meet again.

But this timeline had come to a gruesome end.

Maybe, in their deaths, they did make it home.

The stars in their life may never know.

A/N: ha i'm so nice/s