The heroine has a hard time accepting

Percy did not know how much time had passed before the car stopped. She had been lost in her thoughts, not realising how long they had been driving. However, she was pleasantly surprised to find that she had not been thinking about her dead parents or the war, instead, she had been thinking back to when she was not yet a hero.

She had thought back to the time when she didn't know she was a demigod and had copied essays from the internet. She had always loved to reminisce about beautiful memories, even if they gave her a tug in her heart.

Her uncle had turned back to her and probably wanted to talk to her, so she turned back to him and looked at him expectantly.

"I don't know if you know this, but I have four sons and sometimes it's a bit chaotic and noisy. He seemed worried as if this was too much for her, but she had spent her summers at camp half-blood where there was a lava climbing wall. She didn't think his sons would throw her off track like that. Her uncle seemed to see her silence as an invitation to read on. "They may be a bit dismissive or unfriendly, but I'm almost certain it's not because they want to hurt you. They all have a difficult time expressing their emotions nicely and change is always rather hard."

Percy knew that change was hard, she had been through a lot of it lately, but instead of telling him, she decided to keep quiet and just ask him with her gaze if he had anything more to say. It didn't seem so because he just gave her another quick nod of encouragement and then opened his door. As he left the car, Percy opened her own door and got out.

She only saw now how dark it was and how long she must have been lost in her thoughts. The black-haired girl then turned in the direction of the house, or rather, as she looked at it now, the estate that belonged to her uncle. And again her suspicion that he was more important than she realised was strengthened. You really couldn't afford such a huge house.

A thought hovered in the back of her mind, a thought about how her mother had to put up with Gabe Ugliano while her own brother lived in a mansion. She wanted to put that thought out of her mind as soon as possible because she knew her uncle didn't know where Sally was. Her uncle gave her another encouraging nod and then walked towards the house.

He stopped in front of the door and said: "Alfred will show you to your room while I tell the boys the news.

Percy found it strange how carefully he broached the subject of her mother and her death. She didn't say anything again not only because she didn't want to but also because she didn't trust her voice. She just nodded again and then followed the butler in a comfortable silence through the very confusing house.

Her mind wandered again and soon she had no idea how she was ever going to find the exit of this house again. Then she and Alfred stopped in front of a huge door and Alfred pointed to it as if to make it clear to her that it was her bedroom door. Percy knew that he knew she liked the silence better and so she was grateful to him.

She gave him a grateful look and nothing else again, not a word or a sound left her mouth. She didn't even feel ready to open her mouth without talking. She opened the door to her new room and when she turned around Alfred was already gone.

Her new room was huge. She was sure there were bigger rooms but for her, this room was unbelievably big, too big to be a bedroom. And again her thoughts wandered back to her uncle and who he really was. She began to list the strange things about him starting with the man at the police station who was so shocked when she didn't know who her uncle was supposed to be.

She knew she would find out sooner or later, but she didn't like not knowing. She didn't like not knowing things under her nose. After playing a chess piece for the gods and often blundering into situations, she didn't want such a situation again. This blind trust had caused two wars and she hated it. She hated the fact that she had been a pawn in both wars and that even after the first war the gods hadn't trusted her enough to tell her about the Romans.

Slowly she walked towards the window and pulled the curtains aside. She stared at the sky and wanted to curse the fates for doing this to her, but she had learned long ago that one should not argue with the fates.

She also knew that cursing them would do her no good. There was nothing she could do to talk to her mother again, no matter what she did. She looked over the area she saw outside and thought in confusion that still no monster had attacked her.

She had no idea why, normally at least one monster would have attacked her by now. She sat down on the windowsill and looked back at the sky. Percy's thoughts drifted back to Yancy Academy when she was just a child and didn't have to worry about monsters and gods. Her biggest worry had been how long she would stay at school and whether she would pass the exams. When she thought back, she wished for nothing more than to return to that carefree time.

She stared up at the dark night sky and saw no stars, not a single one - it was a sad and depressing sight. She thought of Zoë and how she was supposed to be hunting in the sky at that moment. But she could not see Zoë.

So here's another update after I uploaded the chapter yesterday and then had 38 readers in the morning I was somehow very motivated to keep writing even though it might not really be much. So thank you to all who read this and bye.

I don't own the Percy Jackson series or the DC Comics. I only own the storyline and anything I make up myself.

If you see any mistakes in the text please point them out to me because I am not English and I only use free Grammarly.