Sk8tr Boi

September 19, 2021
— Emily's POV
Jennifer Jareau is the best girlfriend anyone could ask for. We've only been "official" for one week but I wouldn't trade these last seven days for anything in the world. I had an early lecture this morning for Calculus and I'm free for basically the rest of the day, so I'm taking JJ rollerskating after her English class. I was waiting outside her room for her right now.

I heard someone yell at me from behind, "Ay, Prentiss!"

I turned around and saw one of my football teammates, "Matt, what's goin on?"

"Not much. Hey I just saw Derek walking out of class with his arm around some blonde? He finally settling down?"

"Did she have pigtails in? Maybe a pair of blue glasses on?"

"Yeah. Well, green glasses."

I laughed, "That's Penelope. She's pretty sweet on him, not sure how he feels though. I'm trying to help her out but he always listens to me too late, especially when it comes to girls."

"You're definitely better in that area than he is." JJ walked out of class and bounced over to us when she saw me waving at her.

I gestured to her and said to Matt, "Speaking of which, this is my girlfriend Jennifer. Jennifer, this is Matt."

She smiled at him and nestled into my side, "Hi, Matt."

"Nice to meet you, Jennifer. Prentiss I guess I'll see you at the game?"

"For sure." He fist bumped me and then continued down the hall.

JJ looked up at me, confused, "Game?"

"Yeah, I have a game on Saturday night."

"What? You didn't tell me that? Is it here, can I come?"

I chuckled, "Sure you can, babe. It's in the stadium at 7."

"Who else will be there?" We started to walk out of the hall we were in.

"Aaron and Haley will be there, but I don't know about Spencer. Tara said she'll try to make it."

"What about Derek?"

"Well he's our quarterback so I should hope he'll be there."

"Oh for some reason I thought he was on the basketball team."

"That's Spencer."

"He plays basketball?"

"He coaches. It's a long ass story. Anyways do you think you'll come?"

She smiled at me, "Sure I will. I'll be your own personal cheerleader."

"You gonna wear one of those sexy outfits?"

"Oh shut up, Em." I led her outside and walked her to my car so I could drive us to the rink she found. Luckily it wasn't too far off campus, so it only took a few minutes to get there. I paid for our tickets and we headed inside.

 I paid for our tickets and we headed inside