New Meets Old

The next morning they prepare to leave for Ame. "Pack up the stuff Hidan, I'm going to go get a couple things for the trip," Kakazu says slipping on his cloak. "Yeah whatever" Hidan says sharpening his scythe. Kakazu rolls his eyes as he heads out into the village. He picks up some water scrolls and food pills before stopping at the bar for a quick drink. He sits down at the bar and takes a sip of his sake as he contemplates the next couple days.

"You look like you have a lot on your mind" he hears. He turns his head to see a young, brown haired man sitting next to him. He grunts and turns back, ignoring him. "Not much of a talker huh? Most people drinking in the day usually aren't but I saw your cloak" the man says. Kakazu raises an eyebrow. "You're part of the Akatsuki right?" He turns to the young man, narrowing his eyes. "What of it?" He says in his scarily deep voice.

His eyes trail down the chest of the young man and notices a Jashin symbol hanging from his necklace. Oh for fucks sake he thinks. "Oh you noticed my necklace huh? Do you know what it is?" The young man asks. Kakazu takes a deep breath, annoyed with this young kid. "No and I don't want to. So stop talking to me before I kill you," he seethes. The brunette chuckles "Sorry. Sometimes I talk too much. I guess Hidans never mentioned me huh?" Kakazu stiffens at his partners name and turns to the kid.

"You must know him right?" The brunette asks. Kakazus face doesn't change. "I'm assuming you do since the Akatsuki isn't a very big organization. I'm Lodai by the way. And you are?" He asks. Kakazu feels his heart rate rise with the audacity of this kid. "None of your business. Now why are you here?" He asks in return. "No reason. Simply keeping an eye on Hidan. He's under serious scrutiny from the village." Kakazu chuckles and shakes his head, the idiots always in trouble.

"I take it you know something of it," Lodai ask. "I know nothing of the idiots troubles. We're partners and that's it. What he does in his free time has no bearing or concern to me." Lodais nods "I see. Well then, I'm not sure how much longer you will have your partner, sir," he says stepping down from his stool. Kakazu raises an eyebrow again, shocked that he's even a little concerned. "What does that mean?" He asks. Lodai chuckles "I thought that doesn't concern you." Kakazu sighs and looks down.

Suddenly threads wrap around Lodais throat quietly. "I've had it with your bullshit remarks. Either you tell me what is going on and you do it quickly or I will bury you under this table right now" Kakazu says quietly. Lodai pulls at the threads and nods. Kakazus retreats his threads and sits back down as Lodai coughs and sips his water.

"Damn.... that's some jutsu," he says. Kakazu glares at him, his patience running thin. "Hidan is in danger. The village elders know he hasn't made good on his immortality oath and they sent me to make sure he fulfills it." Kakazu looks at him quizzacly. "Immortality oath?" Lodai sighs and looks down. "Hidans ability, our ability I should say, came at a heavy price," Lodai says looking into Kakazus eyes.

"Sacrifice. Isn't that what all you Jashinists are about?" Kakazu asks. Lodai nods "Yes and when we pledged our allegiance to Jashin. We sacrificed ourselves to him in return for immortality...." He looks down, "rather, we didn't know what we were sacrificing until it was too late." Kakazu doesn't understand, like money? "What did you sacrifice?" He asks.

Lodai looks up at him, "Hidan will never forgive me..." He looks down before continuing, "they raped us, in return for immortality. Innocence for immortality. It's always been the elders way." Kakazu feels his grip on his cup tighten. "When we were 18 and we were first initiated into the Right. Hidans best friend Kumei was first to be sacrificed. We watched as they tried to rape him but he fought back and they killed him in front of us, in front of Hidan. Hidan was so overwhelmed with grief he couldn't fight back his own initiation and that's how he survived. I only survived because Hidan held my hand during mine." Lodai looks down and shakes his head as if wiping the memories away.