Maturity

"What do you do if they have you in a bind?" Kakazu asks Ren as they stand outside the hideout. "Subsitute and get away," Ren replies. "What if you're low on chakra?" Kakazu says raising a brow. Ren smiles and punches the air, "Earth style, Under Tunnel!" He yells slamming his palm onto the ground.

Kakazu shakes his head as Ren laughs, "Save the dramatics, this is serious." Ren nods, "I know. I'm ready Kakazu." "What do you do if-" he starts. "Kakazu, leave him, he's fine!" Hidan says slapping him on the back. Kakazu groans and turns around. "First mission huh?! You ready?!" Hidan says punching his brother in the stomach; Ren dodges and punches him back, "Always, bitch!" He yells.

"Ren," Kakazu says sternly. Ren chuckles, "Sorry. Always.... idiot" he says. "That's better,"Kakazu replies. Hidan rolls his eyes as he puts his arm around Rens neck, "Be careful out there okay? A lot of fuckers hate Jashinists and will mess with you on purpose. Stick close to Itachi, he's got the Sharingan okay?" Ren nods, "Got it." Hidan slaps his back and pulls his arm back, "Oi! Fish fuck come here!"

Hidan and Kakazu walk over to Kisame and Itachi. "Are you guys ready?" Hidan asks. Kisame and Itachi nod. "Don't be reckless. Utilize your eyes Itachi and Kisame... protect him" Kakazu says sternly. Kisame smiles and nods, "Always, Kakazu." He nods as Itachi and Kisame turn to the edge of the hideout.

"Ren! Wait!" They turn and see Konan running over to them. "Here, you can't forget this" she smiles as she hands him his own Akatsuki cloak. Rens eyes widen as he slips it on over his black t-shirt and black pants. "Perfect fit" Hidan says ruffling his hair. "Stop it Hidan," he says slapping his hand away. Ren turns to Kisame and Itachi, jogging over to them. "See you soon!" He calls out waving to Hidan and Kakazu. Hidan waves slowly as Kakazu watches him disappear into the trees, his brow heavy with worry.

___//____//____//_____

"Don't worry so much, he did train a lot before he left you know?" Hidan says to Kakazu as they enter the hideout, he can tell even through his partners mask, that he is worried. "i am not worried, I know he will do fine," Kakazu replies, rolling his eyes. Hidan chuckles and shakes his head, "So stubborn. Just admit you have feelings in there already!" He says poking his partners chest. Kakazu narrows his eyes at him, "Stop your heresy. Let's go get our next mission." They head to Peins office as Ren, Itachi and Kisame make their way to the Land of Sound.

"Kisame, Itachi, wait!" Ren calls out as he stops his leaping through the heavily forrested area of the Land of Fire. They turn and stop, retreating back to a now kneeled Ren. He softly touches the earth near his feet, it's slightly disturbed, a very very faint scent. "This looks like something..." He says looking curiously at the ground. Kisame squats beside him and eyes what Ren is curious about.

"Hmm..." Kisame humms. "Could be old... I don't think it's anything," he says shrugging. They turn to Itachi who is scouting the area with his red eyes. "See anything Itachi?" Ren asks. Itachi shakes his head as he looks at Ren. "That would be something to look out for, good job but in this case it seems to be nothing," he says softly. Ren nods as they take off, the feeling that something is wrong, not leaving him quite yet.

As they depart, Itachis eyes and the other two rogue nin fail to see the dark figure, standing just below the shadey forest line, watching them and slowly following.

___//____//____//_____

"Another fucking escort mission?!" Hidan yells as they leave Peins office. Kakazu sighs deeply, heading back to their shared room. "I mean even Ren got reconnaissance. What the fuck..." Hidan breathes. Kakazu opens their door as Hidan slumps over and falls on the bed. "Do stop your complaining Hidan," Kakazu says sternly as he takes off his cloak and headcover, his brown locks falling over his shoulders.
Hidan turns his head, laying on his left cheek as he sees Kakazu grab some papers, his reading glasses and sits on the floor. Hidan frowns, a stack of paperwork a signal of a long boring night. He grins mischievously as he silently gets off the bed and kneels behind his partner.