New Bonds

Hidan wakes up as the sun hits his eyes. He moves his head out of the way of the light and looks to the bed beside him. He frowns as he sees the bed is empty, no sign of Kakazu in the room. He sits up and rests his head against the wall, sore and tired from last night. He smiles to himself as he strokes his neck lightly, remembering the sweet kisses Kakazu left on it last night.

"Prepare to die!" He hears Ren yell and then a loud yell and crash. He shoots out of the bed and runs to the outer sliding door and throws it open. He sees Ren, laying against some wood planks, breathing hard and wincing.

"You're never going to lay a hit on me if you keep that up," Kakazu says sternly, crossing his arms over his chest.

He sees anger flash over Rens face as he charges at Kakazu throwing punches left and right. Hidan smiles and sits down as he watches Kakazu and Ren spar. Ren is thrown to the ground as he tries to jump and punch Kakazu.

"Ugh! Just let me hit you once!" Ren yells. Kakazu chuckles and shakes his head, "Will you tell that to your opponent? Beg to let you hit him?" Ren looks at him angry as he shakes his head.

"Exactly. Brush yourself off and try again," Kakazu says motioning him to come at him. Ren flies up from the ground and lunges at him. He goes to try and kick Kakazu but tricks him and lays a solid punch into his right cheek making him stumble back.

Ren smiles and then steps back. "Sorry Kakazu," he says bowing. Kakazu rubs his cheek and steps towards the small miniature Hidan. Ren flinches as Kakazu raises his hand but then relaxes as Kakazu ruffles his hair. "Good job Ren. Keep that up and you'll actually be able to fight, unlike your brother" he says. Ren smiles as he beams up at the masked ninja.

"I heard that fucker!" Hidan says standing up. Kakazu and Ren look over to him as they walk back towards the room. Ren laughs as he hugs his brother around his waist. Hidan steps back, not quite used to affection or having a brother. He pats his back and ruffles his hair as Ren lets go and enters the room.

"Beating up my brother huh?" Hidan smiles at Kakazu. "I have to teach at least one of you how to fight. He shows more promise than you already" Kakazu says kissing him on the cheek, through his mask as he walks in. "Oh shut up!" Hidan says blushing wildly and turns around to follow them.

They pack up their stuff as they get ready for their trip back to Ame, ready to be as far as they can from Hidan and Rens old village.

Ren and Hidan wait for Kakazu as he buys supplies for their long journey back. "Hidan?" Ren asks as he looks up from his rice ball. Hidan mumbles as he chews his apple. "Is Kakazu my new dad?" He asks.

Hidan chokes on a piece of his apple as his eyes widen and darts to his brother. "What the fuck? Why are you asking me that?" He says spitting out the seeds. Ren shrugs looking up at him innocently. "I dunno. I wouldn't mind. He's very strong and awesome at fighting. He'd been an awesome father" Ren says turning back to his rice ball, smiling.

Hidan manages to control his breathing as he looks at Ren. Hidan grew up without parents and never put much thought into having them. Ren is young though and wants that security, Hidan just isn't sure how much security there is with the Akatsuki.

"I guess if he's okay with it, he could be. Kakazu just isn't very..... emotional Ren. I'm pretty sure the old fuck doesn't even remember his own parents. All he cares about is money."

Ren looks up at him worried. "What if he says no?" Hidan smirks and ruffles his hair, "Then I'll kill the fucker." Ren laughs as they see Kakazu walking back to them. "Let's go" he says sternly walking past them. Hidan mocks Kakazu behind his back making Ren laugh as they follow the tall, masked ninja out of the small village.