Through and Through

Kisame swings Samehada toward the Elder, the clang of swords ringing through the forest. Itachi makes quick handsigns as he hurls fire jutsus at the immortal enemy. The Elder laughs as his sword catches onto Samehada and flings him into the trees. Kisame growls as he pulls out a kunai and attacks. The Elder dodges swiftly, elbowing Kisame in the back, dropping him to the floor. "Kisame!" Ren runs over and lunges at the Elder causing him to jump back and focus on Itachi. All three have grown exhausted from the never ending fight, their chakra low and their minds completely out of ideas.

___///___///___///____

"Were close Kakazu! The Sound isn't far from the Land of Frost" Hidan calls out as they reach the grass lands, finally out of the snow. Kakazu doesn't reply, his mind and body filled with worry and dread. He looks over to see the determined look on Hidans face, eager to find his brother. He can't see me like this now... we have to focus Kakazus thinks. They bound through the trees of the Sound village, closing in on the location given to them by Zetsu. "Hidan, are you prepared to do what we talked about?" Kakazu asks sternly. Hidan looks down as they continue forward, his lip beginning to tremble. "Y-yes, I think so" he replies. Kakazu shakes his head, "You can't think. You have to know you can do this. It's the only way to make sure he can never come back." Hidan turns to him, "But how do you know it'll work?" Kakazu looks forward, he can't look into those magenta eyes anymore, "We don't but it's our only option." Hidan swallows slowly, feeling himself get nauseated with the thought of what he has to do. "Hidan, if I didn't think you could do it, I wouldn't have asked. You can and will do this" Kakazu says handing him a kunai, "For Ren." Hidan takes the kunai and nods. For Ren.

___///___///___///____

"Itachi!" Ren calls out as he sees his teammate thrown to the floor, struggling to get up, his eyes bloody from using his Sharingan for too long. Ren throws paper bombs at the immortal, tricking him into stepping into a trap, smoke covers the area as paper bombs explode violently and loudly.

Kakazu and Hidan look at each other as explosions fill their ears and smoke billows above the trees. Hidan clenches his jaw as he pushes faster, pulling ahead of Kakazu and toward the sounds of fighting.

As the smoke clears, Ren sees the Elder get to his feet, his right arm dangling by mere veins. Ren smirks as he sees the Elder look at his arm angrily. Rens smile starts to vanish as the Elder screams and rips off his arm, flinging it to the ground and turning to Ren. "Enough! I don't need my exact heart back! I just need one!" He yells as he charges at Ren, digging his nails into his chest and hitting the chakra point in his leg, making him fall to the ground. Ren screams out in pain as sharp pains shoot through his leg.

Hidan and Kakazu hear his pained yells as they close in on the area. "Ren!" Hidan screams as they push through the branches, the landscape flying by them.

"Before I rip your heart out physically," the Elder says grabbing Rens chin, "I'll rip it out emotionally," he flings his head down violently, it hitting the ground with a thud as he turns to Kisame, who is struggling to get to his feet. Ren tries to get up but falls as his leg gives out and his vision becomes blurry. "Wait!" He screams. The Elder laughs as he pulls out a kunai and grips Kisame by the hair. Ren pushes with all his might as he gets up as the Elder brings the kunai down with all his force, aiming for Kisames carotid artery.

Hidan and Kakazu jump down beside Itachi and eye Ren sprinting toward the enemy. "Ren! Dont!" Hidan screams. But it's too late.

Ren feels the burn and ache of the blade as it pierces into his chest. His body hovering over Kisames as he hold the Elders wrist, plunging the knife inside of him instead of Kisame. Kakazu grabs the Elder with his threads and throws him to the ground as Hidan runs to Ren and scoops him up. "Ren! Ren!" He yells. Ren coughs violently as the kunai remains imbedded in his chest. "Stay with me, you're okay" Hidan says moving him away from the fight. "Hidan?" Ren asks confused, his brain overloaded by pain and fatigue. "It's me, now bite this" Hidan says, sticking a stick between his teeth. Ren complies, slightly confused as Hidan rips the kunai from his chest. Ren screams violently against the branch, digging his teeth into it as Hidan puts pressure on the wound. "I know... I know. You won't die but it's hurts like a bitch" Hidan says holding his writhing brother.