adorn - jayson tatum

"ughhh, another day, another dollar" y/n groaned as she pulled herself out of her king sized bed

she dragged herself to the bathroom grabbing the toothbrush and putting toothpaste on it then wetting it.

as she brushed her teeth she picked out an outfit knowing today would be an exciting day that would change her and be a memory that's burned into her brain forever.

today was y/n's first day as a preschool teacher. lord knows she had spent countless nights without rest trying to make everything perfect for her class room or on this journey to become a teacher.

since she was in highschool she had dreamt of this and knew she'd want to teach children.

as y/n exited the car and walked inside her toy story themed class room she admired almost everything she put together with her big sister, mya.

she smiled as the little humans piled into her class room. all of them being so happy to meet one another and their little giggles, all chatting amongst each other.

y/n grabbed her tea taking a swig eyeing the children, after meeting almost everyone's parents she thought it'd be a great idea to introduce herself.

"hi guys i'm miss y/l/n, im so excited to meet all of y-" she stopped realizing there was one empty seat.

"sorry guys" she mumbled going to check her roster. as she was checking the paper the door flew opened.

revealing a tall lightskin man and his son. y/n grew weak seeing the man cause he was fione! but not at work no she wouldn't.

"my bad, i thought class started at 8:30" the man said to y/n and she nodded her hand in understanding walking over to the man and his son.

"you're fine we were just getting started" she smiled taking the boy's back pack and hanging it up on the designated hook. "thanks, bye deuce man be good for me" he hugged his son and y/n led the him to his seat.

"so guys, my name is miss y/l/n and i'll be your teacher for the year. i hope you all are excited as i am"

-

"where's your dad?" y/n asked the young boy as she carpool was starting to wrap up. "i don't know" he said in his small voice adding a shrug.

y/n nodded holding his hand guiding him back to her class room where hopefully his father would meet them.

"sooo, how'd you like your first day?" she questioned seeing deuce get excited, "i like it" she chuckled to herself at the view of it.

"that's good, i do too" she smiled wiping the board clean. "are you excited for tomorrow?" she asked once again and he nodded his head yes kicking his legs back and forth while he sat down.

y/n decided that it'd be a good idea to turn on some short films for him to watch as the two waited on deuce's father as she finished up some work.

a couple minutes passed and she checked her watch as her door swung opened revealing the tall lightskin man once again.

"my bad, practice ran late and my mom was at the nail shop" he caught his breath as the little boy ran up to his legs. "what's up my man did you have a good day" he asked tickling his stomach and deuce wrapped his arms around his neck burying his face in it.

"youre f-fine" she stuttered waving him off causing jayson to chuckle. "deuce you can head to the car" the little boy nodded his head running to the door.

"oh it's jayson, but you can call me jay" he held his hand out.

"miss y/l/n, but you can call me y/n" she smiled taking his hand and shaking it. "well we should get going" she picked up her purse turning the smart board off.

"oh yes, you mind if i get your number?"

"oh no, here" she grabbed his phone putting her number in. y/n couldn't believe she was doing this with a students dad.

the two chatted as they walked to the door. "well, i should head home. see you tomorrow y/n" she smiled eyeing the man. "yea see you tomorrow" she replied as she blushed walking to her jeep.

as she say in the car she sighed. "girllll you will not believe what just happened" she ranted to her big sister and she giggled. "what happened y/n"

author note.

who do y'all like? i don't wanna write about the same ppl 25/8